Big Boi: free show
Big Boi of Outkast will perform a free show in Miami Beach on August 18.
Big Boi in concert
1203 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL
Many consider Outkast to be the best hip-hop group ever. But when Andre 3000 decided to stop performing live with the release of the group's Grammy-winning Speakerboxxx / The Love Below, some die-hard fans were left with the prospect of never getting to see the duo in concert (me included).
Now those fans will get some relief: Outkast's other half, Big Boi, will take the stage at SOBE Live in Miami Beach on Wednesday, August 18. And the best part? It's FREE.
The 21-and-older show is being put on by HP and Microsoft Windows 7. The catch is that the venue only holds a few hundred patrons, so getting there early for the 11 p.m. show would be wise.
If you can't get in or you can't make it, there's more good news: MySpace will stream the performance live online.
Big Boi is supporting his recently released Def Jam solo debut, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. He's likely to perform new singles like "Shutterbugg," and "Follow Us," as well as Outkast staples like "The Way You Move," "So Fresh, So Clean," and "ATLiens."
The live stream starts at 11 p.m. Wednesday, August 18 at MySpace.com/hp
Music in Miami
- Festival Miami brings jazz, classical, pop and more
- Miami-raised Austin Paul talks about III Points Festival in Wynwood
- Marc Anthony returns to Miami
- Mick Jones, Foreigner play Seminole Hard Rock Friday
- Review: Jack White’s rock-fueled show energizes Miami Beach
- Meghan Trainor is more than that ‘bass’
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach
- Phil Collins headlines gala fundraiser during Art Basel weekend on Miami Beach
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up