Big Boi: free show
Big Boi of Outkast will perform a free show in Miami Beach on August 18.
Many consider Outkast to be the best hip-hop group ever. But when Andre 3000 decided to stop performing live with the release of the group's Grammy-winning Speakerboxxx / The Love Below, some die-hard fans were left with the prospect of never getting to see the duo in concert (me included).
Now those fans will get some relief: Outkast's other half, Big Boi, will take the stage at SOBE Live in Miami Beach on Wednesday, August 18. And the best part? It's FREE.
The 21-and-older show is being put on by HP and Microsoft Windows 7. The catch is that the venue only holds a few hundred patrons, so getting there early for the 11 p.m. show would be wise.
If you can't get in or you can't make it, there's more good news: MySpace will stream the performance live online.
Big Boi is supporting his recently released Def Jam solo debut, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. He's likely to perform new singles like "Shutterbugg," and "Follow Us," as well as Outkast staples like "The Way You Move," "So Fresh, So Clean," and "ATLiens."
The live stream starts at 11 p.m. Wednesday, August 18 at MySpace.com/hp
Big Boi in concert
1203 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL
Music in Miami
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions
- 9 signs you’re addicted to Bruce Springsteen
- Aretha Franklin joins Usher, Janelle Monae at 2016 Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival