Big announcement from Michelle Bernstein forthcoming
Rumors of the closures of Crumb on Parchment & Sra. Martinez are greatly exaggerated--or are they?
We have been hearing some crummy murmurs about a few Michelle Bernstein restaurants lately: that Design District breakfast and lunch cafe Crumb on Parchment is closing on top of previous allegations of Sra. Martinez packing up and leaving the district for more northern pastures, those which were vaguely brushed off back in May. Bernstein's camp denies both--but says there is news that they won't share with us just yet. Some say Bernstein has been looking into new venues in the Design District which could mean she's opening restaurants, not closing any. A restaurant insider told us anonymously that "If I was a betting man I’d put a thousand bucks on Sra. closing." Ever so cagey, Camp Bernstein told us that “The rumors of Crumb closing and Sra. moving are untrue. News about new developments in our world forthcoming.” That news is allegedly coming sometime tomorrow.
- The Downstairs at Hotel Astor resurfaces on March 14
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian