Big Ang opens Miami Monkey bar in Miami Beach
She's big fun
You have the chance to hang with a reality royal if you decide to do your imbibing at Miami Monkey. The jamming, festive bar is owned by Angela Raiola, aka Big Ang. You can understand the appeal when you see her in the flesh, kind of like Snooki’s Maxi Me. At the recent grand opening, the larger than life bon vivant was nursing her favorite cocktail, an espresso martini, and posing for cellphone pics with anyone who asked. Miami Monkey is indeed a snazzy beauty, without the attitude or dress code.
The apres beach spot is done up in a cool, modern meets Art Deco way, nothing like her Irish-esque pub in NY. Flip-flops are the norm. On the second floor of the Netherland building at 1330 Ocean Drive, Miami Monkey has no signage so look for it. You'll be glad you did.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit