Big Ang opens Miami Monkey bar in Miami Beach
She's big fun
You have the chance to hang with a reality royal if you decide to do your imbibing at Miami Monkey. The jamming, festive bar is owned by Angela Raiola, aka Big Ang. You can understand the appeal when you see her in the flesh, kind of like Snooki’s Maxi Me. At the recent grand opening, the larger than life bon vivant was nursing her favorite cocktail, an espresso martini, and posing for cellphone pics with anyone who asked. Miami Monkey is indeed a snazzy beauty, without the attitude or dress code.
The apres beach spot is done up in a cool, modern meets Art Deco way, nothing like her Irish-esque pub in NY. Flip-flops are the norm. On the second floor of the Netherland building at 1330 Ocean Drive, Miami Monkey has no signage so look for it. You'll be glad you did.
On Our Radar
- Sean Combs stands up to cancer
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference