Big Ang opens Miami Monkey bar in Miami Beach
She's big fun
You have the chance to hang with a reality royal if you decide to do your imbibing at Miami Monkey. The jamming, festive bar is owned by Angela Raiola, aka Big Ang. You can understand the appeal when you see her in the flesh, kind of like Snooki’s Maxi Me. At the recent grand opening, the larger than life bon vivant was nursing her favorite cocktail, an espresso martini, and posing for cellphone pics with anyone who asked. Miami Monkey is indeed a snazzy beauty, without the attitude or dress code.
The apres beach spot is done up in a cool, modern meets Art Deco way, nothing like her Irish-esque pub in NY. Flip-flops are the norm. On the second floor of the Netherland building at 1330 Ocean Drive, Miami Monkey has no signage so look for it. You'll be glad you did.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how