Big Ang opens Miami Monkey bar in Miami Beach
She's big fun
You have the chance to hang with a reality royal if you decide to do your imbibing at Miami Monkey. The jamming, festive bar is owned by Angela Raiola, aka Big Ang. You can understand the appeal when you see her in the flesh, kind of like Snooki’s Maxi Me. At the recent grand opening, the larger than life bon vivant was nursing her favorite cocktail, an espresso martini, and posing for cellphone pics with anyone who asked. Miami Monkey is indeed a snazzy beauty, without the attitude or dress code.
The apres beach spot is done up in a cool, modern meets Art Deco way, nothing like her Irish-esque pub in NY. Flip-flops are the norm. On the second floor of the Netherland building at 1330 Ocean Drive, Miami Monkey has no signage so look for it. You'll be glad you did.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost