Big Ang opens Miami Monkey bar in Miami Beach
She's big fun
You have the chance to hang with a reality royal if you decide to do your imbibing at Miami Monkey. The jamming, festive bar is owned by Angela Raiola, aka Big Ang. You can understand the appeal when you see her in the flesh, kind of like Snooki’s Maxi Me. At the recent grand opening, the larger than life bon vivant was nursing her favorite cocktail, an espresso martini, and posing for cellphone pics with anyone who asked. Miami Monkey is indeed a snazzy beauty, without the attitude or dress code.
The apres beach spot is done up in a cool, modern meets Art Deco way, nothing like her Irish-esque pub in NY. Flip-flops are the norm. On the second floor of the Netherland building at 1330 Ocean Drive, Miami Monkey has no signage so look for it. You'll be glad you did.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges