‘Best Glass Challenge’ a prelude to April wine fest
United Way of Miami-Dade came up with a fresh way to build interest in the April 14-17 Miami Wine and Food Festival: The Best in Glass Wine Challenge, which gathered 10 South Florida sommeliers earlier this month for blind tastings of 200 wines at Miami Dade College’s new Miami Culinary Institute. The winning wines will be featured at their establishments –Michael’s Genuine, Michy’s, Sra. Martinez, Sustain, db Bistro Moderne, Azul, Bourbon Steak, Two Chefs, The Blue Piano, Solea, and The Grateful Palate – from mid-March to mid-April and at the festival’s gala dinner; www.miamiwinefestival.org, 305-646-7111.
- This Cuban-American landmark is as good as it gets for Miami flavors
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- How to get a free pizza at Brickell's newest Italian eatery this week
- These are the best Miami Spice options in Coconut Grove
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Historic S&S Diner won't be evicted — for now
- What are Miami's best spots for late-night eats?
- Best bets for Miami Spice in Coral Gables
- Nine courses for $90 dollars on a 90th anniversary
- This Brickell spot lets you look out over Miami with a cocktail