‘Best Glass Challenge’ a prelude to April wine fest
United Way of Miami-Dade came up with a fresh way to build interest in the April 14-17 Miami Wine and Food Festival: The Best in Glass Wine Challenge, which gathered 10 South Florida sommeliers earlier this month for blind tastings of 200 wines at Miami Dade College’s new Miami Culinary Institute. The winning wines will be featured at their establishments –Michael’s Genuine, Michy’s, Sra. Martinez, Sustain, db Bistro Moderne, Azul, Bourbon Steak, Two Chefs, The Blue Piano, Solea, and The Grateful Palate – from mid-March to mid-April and at the festival’s gala dinner; www.miamiwinefestival.org, 305-646-7111.
- The Miami Spice List: Best Menu Choices
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Two stars for priced-right pizzas and pastas at La Gazzetta in Miami
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Vintro Kitchen emphasizes seafood in Miami Beach boutique hotel
- Follow your nose to Blue Willy's Barbecue in Pompano Beach
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'