Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
For $34, it ought to be outstanding.
Zagat voters have confirmed what Miamians have known for some time: The signature burger at chef Daniel Boulud's db Bistro Moderne is a force to be reckoned with. The best in the city, in fact.
The $34 burger — a ground sirloin patty enveloping braised short rib and truffles with a cube of (surprise!) foie gras, served on a Parmesan bun with pommes frites — earned 28 out of 30 points in Zagat's 2014 Burger Survey, based on flavor, ingredients and value.
That's a better score than heavy hitters like the In-N-Out Double-Double, LA's top burger, which earned 23 points, and the famed Peter Luger Burger from Brooklyn (24 points).
Some other fun takeaways from the survey: The 3,400-some voters reported eating burgers an average of 4.6 times a month; 44 percent said they'd happily spend $25 or more for a "mind-blowing" burger; and 66 percent of male respondents said they dig into their burgers with a knife and fork.
The top big-city burgers, according to Zagat (out of 30 points):
Austin: Mighty Fine Burgers Fries Shakes - The Classic with Cheese (25)
Atlanta: Illegal Food - The Hank (28)
Boston: Craigie On Main - Local Grass-Fed Beef Burger (26)
Chicago: Lockdown Bar & Grill - The Lockdown Warden (28)
Dallas: The Grape - Classic Cheeseburger (26)
Denver: Highland Tap & Burger: Shroom Luva's (26)
Houston: Kenny & Ziggy's - In Queso Emergency (26)
Los Angeles: In-N-Out - Double-Double (23)
Miami: db Bistro Moderne - The Original db Burger (28)
New York: Peter Luger - Luger-Burger (24)
Philadelphia: Nick's Roast Beef Bar & Grille - Nick’s Bacon Burger (26)
San Diego: Carnitas' Snack Shack - Snack Shack Burger (26)
San Francisco: Nopa - Grass Fed Hamburger (24)
Seattle: Palace Kitchen - Palace Burger Royale (28)
Toronto: The Rude Boy - The Natural (27)
Washington: Le Diplomate - Burger Americain (26)
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach