Best Buddies Miami Gala
The annual gala celebrates 50 nations and features plenty of stars
Best Buddies International, the nonprofit founded Anthony K. Shriver to create opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, hosts its 14th Annual Best Buddies Miami Gala: Celebrating Fifty Nations on Watson Island on Friday, Nov. 19, 2010.
This year’s Gala will celebrate Best Buddies International’s expansion into 50 nations with a spectacular international-themed evening featuring a fabulous cocktail hour, a gourmet dinner, unique live and silent auctions, and a live performance by special musical guest Jason Derülo.
Confirmed celebrities attending include actress Sofia Vergara (Modern Family), actress Rosario Dawson (Unstoppable, Seven Pounds), and Verne Troyer (Austin Powers series). In anticipation of Art Basel, selected works from the Best Buddies Fine Art Collection, including pieces by Keith Haring, Romero Britto, Jim Dine, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Rauschenberg and Julian Schnabel, will be on display at the Gala, as well. Guests will be able to purchase these magnificent works of art, with proceeds to benefit Best Buddies.
Tickets for the gala are $500 per person ($400 tax deductable) and are available at www.bestbuddiesmiamigala.org.
Following the gala the Bash, which is chaired by Eunice Shriver, will take place with Derülo's performance at 9:30 p.m.. Students may purchase tickets to the Bash for $30 by clicking here.
See and Do
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 16-18
- 10 Tours Of Miami That Are A Must
- Miami's cultural agenda courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Sept. 16-30