The Upper East Side welcomes a new beauty haven.
The lowdown: There’s a new beauty haven in the Upper East Side by the name of Beplatinum Cosmetics. The boutique boasts Owner Maggie Latortue’s very own custom-made line of mineral-based, high quality cosmetic and skincare line for women of all ages and skin tones named — you guessed it — Beplatinum Cosmetics.
“Customers can expect to see my entire line of cosmetics including bronzers, oil-free foundations, mineral lipsticks, lip glosses, nail polishes with over 50 shades, skin care products, hair goodies and I also created a line for men,” Latortue says.
The ‘hood: Nestled in the on-the-up-and-up Upper East Side, the shop’s neighbors include Michy’s and Salon No. 1.
The vibe: Take a walk on the wild side. Zebra prints and pops of silver and reds radiate a playful feel. “There’s also a chic lounge area with animal-print furniture and red seating. I basically want everyone to feel comfortable while they shop,” Latortue says.
The highlights: Scoop up beauty booty such as Beplatinum nailpolish ($8 and up), bronzer ($40), lipstick ($13), false lashes ($5) and red clay mask ($35).
The owner says: “I always tell my customers: Be you. Be beautiful. Be platinum,” Latortue adds.
6907 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood