Belly Dancing Lessons
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center.
By Solange Reyner
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center. This one hour and 15 minute class helps keep your inner parts young, according to Pat (the class instructor who has been teaching belly dancing for 33 years at the center).
For $10 a class, you get to sweat and "tighten up from the inside out." Compare the exertion to something you would experience in a yoga class. Wear a jogging suit, or athletic gear (something loose at the waist) for the class, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and 10:30 on Saturdays.
If you're in the mood to just watch, then catch the annual belly dancing performance this April 10th at the same location. This year's star: Mesmera - because she mesmerizes. There's also a weekend workshop that takes place April 9-11.
Miami Shores Recreation Center
9617 Park Dr
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend