Belly Dancing Lessons
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center.
By Solange Reyner
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center. This one hour and 15 minute class helps keep your inner parts young, according to Pat (the class instructor who has been teaching belly dancing for 33 years at the center).
For $10 a class, you get to sweat and "tighten up from the inside out." Compare the exertion to something you would experience in a yoga class. Wear a jogging suit, or athletic gear (something loose at the waist) for the class, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and 10:30 on Saturdays.
If you're in the mood to just watch, then catch the annual belly dancing performance this April 10th at the same location. This year's star: Mesmera - because she mesmerizes. There's also a weekend workshop that takes place April 9-11.
Miami Shores Recreation Center
9617 Park Dr
See and Do
- Discounts! Freebies! Prizes! Oh, and you’ll have to take the bus
- 11 Holiday-themed Events in Miami
- Prism Creative Group has Miami's social itinerary - Dec. 1-15
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel