Belly Dancing Lessons
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center.
Miami Shores Recreation Center
9617 Park Dr
By Solange Reyner
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center. This one hour and 15 minute class helps keep your inner parts young, according to Pat (the class instructor who has been teaching belly dancing for 33 years at the center).
For $10 a class, you get to sweat and "tighten up from the inside out." Compare the exertion to something you would experience in a yoga class. Wear a jogging suit, or athletic gear (something loose at the waist) for the class, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and 10:30 on Saturdays.
If you're in the mood to just watch, then catch the annual belly dancing performance this April 10th at the same location. This year's star: Mesmera - because she mesmerizes. There's also a weekend workshop that takes place April 9-11.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month