Belly Dancing Lessons
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center.
Miami Shores Recreation Center
9617 Park Dr
By Solange Reyner
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center. This one hour and 15 minute class helps keep your inner parts young, according to Pat (the class instructor who has been teaching belly dancing for 33 years at the center).
For $10 a class, you get to sweat and "tighten up from the inside out." Compare the exertion to something you would experience in a yoga class. Wear a jogging suit, or athletic gear (something loose at the waist) for the class, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and 10:30 on Saturdays.
If you're in the mood to just watch, then catch the annual belly dancing performance this April 10th at the same location. This year's star: Mesmera - because she mesmerizes. There's also a weekend workshop that takes place April 9-11.
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth