Belly Dancing Lessons
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center.
Miami Shores Recreation Center
9617 Park Dr
By Solange Reyner
Belly Dance those pounds off every Thursday and Saturday at the Miami Shores Recreation Center. This one hour and 15 minute class helps keep your inner parts young, according to Pat (the class instructor who has been teaching belly dancing for 33 years at the center).
For $10 a class, you get to sweat and "tighten up from the inside out." Compare the exertion to something you would experience in a yoga class. Wear a jogging suit, or athletic gear (something loose at the waist) for the class, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursdays and 10:30 on Saturdays.
If you're in the mood to just watch, then catch the annual belly dancing performance this April 10th at the same location. This year's star: Mesmera - because she mesmerizes. There's also a weekend workshop that takes place April 9-11.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15