Behind the scenes at French Montana’s new music video for ‘Pop That’ with Lil Wayne, Drake and Rihanna
Video shot in Miami suburbs during Urban Beach Weekend 2012
Ok, so you’ll never believe this – I was on the super-secret set of French Montana’s new music video for his soon-to be-released single ‘Pop That’, featuring none other than Lil Wayne, Drake, and Rick Ross.
Oh yeah, Rihanna was there, too.
The details of the shoot were so secret that even some crew members didn’t know which celebrities were coming, or where the location would be.
All this in the suburbs of Miami during Urban Beach Week.
Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and French Montana were all in Miami for Urban Beach Week, and Drake flew in on Sunday for the shoot. The video features the first single off French Montana’s debut album ‘Excuse My French’, due July 17.
Rihanna was on the sidelines for moral support, watching Drake behind the scenes, and chatting it up with his entourage.
Drake seemed relaxed, stopping between takes to chat with friends, play ping-pong, and change in and out of his outfits. By the way ladies, he wears black boxer-briefs – just in case you were wondering.
Lil Wayne was all-business. He was the first featured artist to arrive, and had the most energy out of everyone on set. Flanked with bikini-clad models, he skateboarded in and out of his scenes, and delivered a fantastic performance take after take.
It was rumored that P Diddy would drop by the set, but he was a no-show.
After shooting, it was all play. Lil Wayne, Drake, Rihanna, and French partied it up at LIV nightclub at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, along with the rest of the Urban Beach Week crowd.
Drake and Rihanna, who dated a while back, held hands and stayed close throughout the night.
So what do you think of the new music video? Tell us on miamiherald.com/insight or on Twitter or Instagram by using #trendspotting.
Music in Miami
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami