Beer, Pigs, and Squid
Beer, Pigs, and Squid. Strange combination, I know. But you'll get it once you step through the doors of "Lou's Beer Garden" in Miami Beach.
By Solange Reyner
So I wandered around with friends in Miami Beach (in flip flops) trying to find a place to hang. After a hidden neon sign caught our eye off of 73rd and Harding, we stopped to venture into a secret garden. But this wasn't just any garden. It's a beer garden of yumminess. We found parking with ease, wandered in on a muggy Saturday evening, took a seat at the bar, got served by the cute waiter Opie, and tried some fantastic beverages with some poolside scenery in a place that had a pretty solid beer selection a.k.a "The Raging Bitch," "Chimay Triple," "Rogue Beer," and "Double Dead Guy." My friend Carla is quite the beer snob, so I can say with solidarity that this place is top notch.
While the beer and the stuffed squid - cooked by owner and chef Luis Ramirez - was quite delish, the night took an interesting turn once the midnight special and "Little Johnny" came out. There were pictures taken with the 3-month old Johnny, taken courtesy of Luis' Canon he keeps tucked away in the kitchen, and the hilarious scene that ensued after people took gambles with the midnight special.
So if you're not into waiting in line and being looked up and down with a snare in front of Mansion, Cameo, or the Gansevoort, take your hide to Lou's Beer Garden in Miami Beach and indulge in the beer, food, and fun. Oh, and don't worry about little Johnny - he's just a little pig.
7337 Harding Ave
Miami Beach 33141
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so