Bee-themed Earth Day event
4/20/2011• Conscious Bite Out, Earth Girlz and High Visibility are co-hosting a bee-themed Earth Day tasting, screening and fundraiser at 7 p.m. Friday at The Sacred Space, 105 NE 24th St., Miami.The evening’s centerpiece is a showing of The Vanishing of the Bees, a 90-minute documentary about the depletion of the honey-bee population. A tapas, organic-wine and dessert tasting will showcase foodstuffs that depend on bees for pollination. A portion of ticket sales and all proceeds from a raffle will benefit the Save the Honeybee Foundation. Tickets are $65 at www.consciousbiteout.com/earthday. • Sustain Restaurant, 3252 NE First Ave., in Midtown Miami, is offering a five-course Earth Day dinner menu by executive chef Alejandro Piñero — local gazpacho and salad, snapper, Florida-raised strip steak and Key lime pie — on Friday for $55; 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
- How to Halloween like a foodie: Your definitive list
- Rejoice! South Florida's favorite cinnamon buns are back
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?