Beats and Compas
What do hip hop and Flamenco have in common? Find out at this show.
Siempre Flamenco presents Beats & Compas: hip-hop Flamenco -- a surprising blurring of genres. This will be a unique Miami experimental dance performance, rich in music and culture produced by Paco and Celia Fonta.
Hip-hop dancer Charles Williams and Flamenco dancer Celia Fonta unite their creative energies and delve into unknown territory. Williams will confront the flamenco compas and dance to its rhythms and melodies, while Fonta will look for inspiration in modern hip-hop beats. Music for the performance is composed by flamenco singer and guitarist, Paco Fonta, and songwriter / vocalist, Derin Young of dei 7. Beats by Producer and DJ Richie Jones, accompaniment by percussionist, Romulo Bernal and bassist, Daniel Stable.
Friday, Nov. 19, 8 pm, Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; $25.00 General Admission, $20.00 Students & Seniors at box office w/ valid Id. Tickets are available online: www.siempreflamenco.com or at Colony Theater Box Office 305-674-1040. For more Information call: 305-866-4387.
Beats & Compas
Friday, November 19 at 8 p.m.
Byron Carlyle Theater
500 71st Street, Miami Beach Fl 33143
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- HistoryMiami's Stiltsville Tour is an only-in-Miami experience
- 5 reasons Back-To-School Season in Miami is amazing
- Miami is Raising the Vibe this Fall