Beats and Compas
What do hip hop and Flamenco have in common? Find out at this show.
Beats & Compas
Friday, November 19 at 8 p.m.
Byron Carlyle Theater
500 71st Street, Miami Beach Fl 33143
Siempre Flamenco presents Beats & Compas: hip-hop Flamenco -- a surprising blurring of genres. This will be a unique Miami experimental dance performance, rich in music and culture produced by Paco and Celia Fonta.
Hip-hop dancer Charles Williams and Flamenco dancer Celia Fonta unite their creative energies and delve into unknown territory. Williams will confront the flamenco compas and dance to its rhythms and melodies, while Fonta will look for inspiration in modern hip-hop beats. Music for the performance is composed by flamenco singer and guitarist, Paco Fonta, and songwriter / vocalist, Derin Young of dei 7. Beats by Producer and DJ Richie Jones, accompaniment by percussionist, Romulo Bernal and bassist, Daniel Stable.
Friday, Nov. 19, 8 pm, Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; $25.00 General Admission, $20.00 Students & Seniors at box office w/ valid Id. Tickets are available online: www.siempreflamenco.com or at Colony Theater Box Office 305-674-1040. For more Information call: 305-866-4387.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino