Beats and Compas
What do hip hop and Flamenco have in common? Find out at this show.
Beats & Compas
Friday, November 19 at 8 p.m.
Byron Carlyle Theater
500 71st Street, Miami Beach Fl 33143
Siempre Flamenco presents Beats & Compas: hip-hop Flamenco -- a surprising blurring of genres. This will be a unique Miami experimental dance performance, rich in music and culture produced by Paco and Celia Fonta.
Hip-hop dancer Charles Williams and Flamenco dancer Celia Fonta unite their creative energies and delve into unknown territory. Williams will confront the flamenco compas and dance to its rhythms and melodies, while Fonta will look for inspiration in modern hip-hop beats. Music for the performance is composed by flamenco singer and guitarist, Paco Fonta, and songwriter / vocalist, Derin Young of dei 7. Beats by Producer and DJ Richie Jones, accompaniment by percussionist, Romulo Bernal and bassist, Daniel Stable.
Friday, Nov. 19, 8 pm, Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; $25.00 General Admission, $20.00 Students & Seniors at box office w/ valid Id. Tickets are available online: www.siempreflamenco.com or at Colony Theater Box Office 305-674-1040. For more Information call: 305-866-4387.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more