Beats and Compas
What do hip hop and Flamenco have in common? Find out at this show.
Beats & Compas
Friday, November 19 at 8 p.m.
Byron Carlyle Theater
500 71st Street, Miami Beach Fl 33143
Siempre Flamenco presents Beats & Compas: hip-hop Flamenco -- a surprising blurring of genres. This will be a unique Miami experimental dance performance, rich in music and culture produced by Paco and Celia Fonta.
Hip-hop dancer Charles Williams and Flamenco dancer Celia Fonta unite their creative energies and delve into unknown territory. Williams will confront the flamenco compas and dance to its rhythms and melodies, while Fonta will look for inspiration in modern hip-hop beats. Music for the performance is composed by flamenco singer and guitarist, Paco Fonta, and songwriter / vocalist, Derin Young of dei 7. Beats by Producer and DJ Richie Jones, accompaniment by percussionist, Romulo Bernal and bassist, Daniel Stable.
Friday, Nov. 19, 8 pm, Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; $25.00 General Admission, $20.00 Students & Seniors at box office w/ valid Id. Tickets are available online: www.siempreflamenco.com or at Colony Theater Box Office 305-674-1040. For more Information call: 305-866-4387.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami