Beat the Clock happy hour, barbecue & beats and a fritas showdown
Run to Icebox Cafe for cheap drinks, Burger Beast hosts a Cuban burger competition and Tobacco Road gives you three of your favorite things - booze, beats and BBQ.
There are some places where people should never, ever go barefoot: gas stations, restaurants and, yep, night clubs. We know there comes a time when stilettos qualify as a violation of the Geneva Convention and taking them off may be the only solution, but putting your bare feet on a club's floor is just vile. To prevent any unsightly, unseemly sole situations, LIV (4441 Collins Ave.) has tapped into an ingenious idea in the form of Flat Out Of Heels; comfy, yet stylish flats in small, medium and large, fitting sizes 5 to 10 at $19.99 a pair. Each comes with a black drawstring bag into which you can store your killer heels. Two other Miami clubs will also feature the machines later this month.
Sunset Harbor's new Icebox Cafe (1855 Purdy Ave.) has wasted no time making friends with its new neighbors vis a vis the “Beat the Clock” happy hour, during which time from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, four discounted cocktails, a featured wine and draft beer will be priced hourly. The early bird definitely gets the worm in the tequila as drinks from 4 p.m. to 4:59 p.m. are just $4. But don't fret. Drink prices during the happy hour max out at $6. A small selection of $5 appetizers will also be available during the three hours as well.
Booze, Beats & BBQ!
You can always count on Tobacco Road (626 S. Miami Ave., Miami) for cutting to the chase and going directly to what matters in life. Enter Booze, Beats and BBQ at 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10 where Latin funk/ fusion band Electric Piquete plays three sets beginning at 10 p.m. along with happy hour and all night drink specials and all you can eat BBQ for $11.99.
Frita For All
No one knows how to throw a party like carnivorous blogger Burger Beast. See for yourselves from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14 at his Frita Showdown at Magic City Casino (450 NW 37th Ave., Miami) when five area restaurants--Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, El Rey de las Fritas, Luis Galindo's Latin American and Sergio's--will face off to see who makes the best Cuban-style hamburger. A $40 ticket gets you a frita from each restaurant, plus ice cream from Azucar Ice Cream Company, desserts from Latin American Bakery & Cafe, soft drinks and beer. For tickets and information, go to www.fritashowdown.com.
- Moonlighting, whisky, Nicola's big 5-0, booze, books & Jacko
- Boozy brunches, dinner parties, rappers and night swimming
- Naked or neon with Nick at the Thompson; Boy George spins WALL; Nat'l Rum Day & David Foster Wallace
- Hialeah homecomings, Shots in Wynwood, Women at Wolfsonian & Goobers at Gramps
- Havana nights @ Regent, Disco Inferno 2.0 @Cameo, an art auction in Wynwood & full moon celebrations
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Karaoke @ the Delano, Big Easy at Tongue & Cheek, Sweat Records a go go, SPF at Nikki Beach & Pink Floyd in Wynwood
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches