Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
Weekend-long seminar begins Friday, May 17 in Miami
If you know you’ve got the music in you, and can envision a successful career in the business but are frustrated by the number of doors symbolically slamming in your face, there might be another solution.
“Beat Camp” – a weekend-long seminar packed with panels and discussions geared toward getting aspiring songwriters, engineers and producers on the right musical path – kicks off its four-city tour in Miami on Friday, May 17 at SAE Institute Miami (it also hits Atlanta in July, L.A. in September and New York in November). You’ll learn from the best minds - including stars such as Gorilla Tek, Streetrunner, Symbolyc One aka S1, DJ Blackout, Illmind, The Renegades, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League - and topics include producer branding, management, A&R meeting simulations, studio techniques, networking/brand building strategies, songwriter-producer synergy, sampling, and live mixing sessions.
The educational aspect is huge, to be sure. But the networking potential is off-the-charts crazy, as in, “Get your foot in the door and good things will happen.” Anyone who’s tried to get a job anywhere lately can tell you that it’s all about who you know, and after this weekend, you’re definitely gonna know a few key people.
If you wanna be the next Dr. Dre or Tiesto, good luck. But this is a pretty solid way to start. “By the time ‘Beat Camp’ is over, aspiring producers know exactly what they need to do to take their careers to the next level,” says J. Hatch, co-founder at SAE partner iStandard Producers, an organization that creates networking and collaboration opportunities for professional music producers, in a statement. “In fact, a lot of guys who have come to our past events have gone on to become platinumselling producers.”
Want more rah-rah? “Attendance at ‘Beat Camp’ is an essential first-step for aspiring producers who want to turbocharge their careers,” says Vincent Brooks, campus director of SAE Institute Miami. “The education and networking opportunities for participants will be incredible, and will allow anyone who’s serious about working in the music business to make huge strides in their professional journeys.”
Sound like the kick-start you’ve been waiting for? Check out www.istandardproducers.com/events/beatcampmia/
Music in Miami
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami