Incagirl is designed for the stylish sweetie in your life.
Posh tots, beachwear just got way haute-r with the incagirl collection. The brainchild of Miami Beach-based inca designer Stacy Josloff, the 2011 Cruise Collection features signature candy-colored tunics, shorts, tops and swimsuits that mimic their adult counterparts ($70 to $100). We chatted up Josloff and here’s what she had to say about designing for mini fashionistas:
What was the inspiration behind incagirl? I felt that there was a missing element in the marketplace for fashionable resort wear for the mini set. I saw that all of my friends were starting to have children and eventually, I had two daughters of my own.
What kinds of pieces comprise the collection? Essentially, incagirl is comprised of a miniature version of our adult collection. Items range from string bikinis and embroidered tunics to sequin tank dresses. We shrink everything down and offer it in children’s sizes.
Do you plan on creating children's pieces going forward? Absolutely! The clothes are too cute to ever stop.
You used to live in New York and now reside in Miami, how has this changed your design perspective? The weather and culture in Miami has definitely impacted the way I design. The swim and resort wear line is fitting here so I use more versatile fabrics that can be worn all year long. There is also definitely a lot more color incorporated into the line now that I live in Miami and pieces are more playful and vibrant.
2317 Collins Avenue Suite #6, Miami Beach
- Keeping Up With Camilla
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 Surprising Facts About Kimora Lee Simmons
- Bammies: A Miami Startup Making Pajamas Work Appropriate
- Art Basel Brings a Louis Vuitton and Marcel Wanders Collaboration
- Meet Miami's Own Designer Behind The Nomadic Collector
- Shinola Opens in Wynwood
- Stuart Weitzman Knows What Women Want
- Steve Madden Celebrates 25 Years
- Pumping It Up with Aquazzura's Edgardo Osorio