Baywatch is back, Booze for boobies and beat the clock Art Walk drink deals
Baywatch is back, Booze for boobies and beat the clock Art Walk drink deals.
There is a bit of controversy in pairing breast cancer awareness events with alcohol considering that some studies show that the sauce is not good for the mammaries--or memories for that matter, but when it comes down to raising awareness and money, it's all with good intentions. Take Wet Willies' Third Annual Koozies for Boobies party from 8 p.m. until closing on October 12 at 760 Ocean Drive. Free and open to the public, the boozy brain freezer will donate 10 percent of all sales to a breast cancer charity. There will also be pink beads, wristbands, raffle tickets, T-shirts, and, yes, even non-alcoholic daiquiris available throughout the entire month of October.
Although most days on the sandy shores of Miami are reminiscent of an old episode of Baywatch, complete with the over inflated bikini babes and cheesy David Hasselhoff doppelgangers, Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel South Beach (1701 Collins Ave.) promises a lactose - but not silicone or saline - free homage to that show with its XIV Sessions: XIV Watch party from 2 p.m. until dusk, Sunday, October 14. To go along with the theme, Hyde's servers will be sporting uniforms similar to the show and there will be oversized---wait for it--beach balls, floats and life guard chairs. DJ EDX will spin. For reservations and information, call 305-674-1701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While South Beach scenesters may think it's de rigueur to arrive to places fashionably late, hipster time down in Wynwood is completely different, especially when it involves beer specials at Gramp's (176 NW 24th St.) during Wynwood Art Walk. The Beat the Clock specials begin at 6 p.m. with $1 beers; at 7 p.m. it goes up to $2; at 8 p.m. to $3 and then $5 after 9 p.m. You can't really beat those prices, but wait, there's more! The Wynwood Art Walk Beer Garden also features free Duvel Singles and free food from Sparky's Roadside Barbecue. The first 50 to arrive will walk away with a free Duvel Collection art glass. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
Don't Shoot the Messenger
A bit of nocturnal nostalgia can be found at the new Friday party at Trade (1439 Washington Ave.) in the form of Shoot the Freak, where, according to its organizers, there will be "No BS door policy, realistic prices, mixed crowd, substance not hype," and underground house and techno. A party for the people, they say. Where said people may actually, gasp, dance. The party goes from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. but there is an open bar from 11 p.m. to midnight. For tickets and information, go to
Should you find yourself heading "up north" to Fort Lauderdale, consider stopping by Whiskey Blue at the W Fort Lauderdale (401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.) where, from 9 p.m. every Friday, live music by the SoFLA Attitude Band is complemented by a cocktail menu of "covers and originals." For table reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boogie down at the Boca Raton Resort & Club with disco legends and Jellybean Benitez
- Radio benefit in Wynwood, Talib Kweli, YoungArts, movies on the sand and National Wine Day
- Fleetwood Mac gets Electric Pickled, vodka & graffiti in the Design District, Persian New Year and lineups at LIV and STORY
- Ringside at E11EVEN, a Marley at Wynwood Yard, Sake Mondays at Katsuya, Yappy Hour at Lique & Jellybean does disco at Boca Resort
- Paint party at Fire & Ice, bike to PAMM, Cinco de Mayo at E11EVEN and Jazz at Wynwood Yard
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake
- Bogie, Bacall @ EDITION, Matoma @ LIV, Tax Day @ Mignonette & Blue Collar, plus Jim Camacho & Jellybean
- Piano playing in Wynwood, Macy's parading at Icon, pop culture on the Gale rooftop & Led Zep yoga @ Anatomy at 1220
- Crab racing & beer in Wynwood, art auctions & pig at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
- Exclamatory Miami: Paella! Donuts! (Free) Pommery! (Free) Concerts!