Bass Museum Presents Summer Jazz Series
The Bass Museum showcases South Florida jazz musicians with the summer program Hot Nights Cool Jazz
While Miami is filled with many music events, it’s more difficult for jazz aficionados to find concerts that suit their tastes. In an effort to showcase the artistic talents of local jazz musicians, the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach will be hosting a summer program called Hot Nights Cool Jazz. Curated by Fernando Ulibarri, the series will feature different jazz styles each night in performances by some of South Florida’s best jazz musicians. In addition, complimentary refreshments including Duvel beer, wine, Perrier sparkling water and coffee provided by Coffee-Mate will be available. You will also be able to visit the Bass Museum's current exhibitions including Eve Sussman | Rufus Corporation each evening of the concert. The event is free for museum members and $10 for non-members; the event takes place from 7 to 9 pm each night of the series.
July 12: The Chuck Bergeron Quartet
Master bass player Chuck Bergeron showcases his talents with a night filled with a lineup of all-original compositions that will highlight his exemplary playing that has earned him a long career performing with many great jazz players.
July 26: The Errol Rakipov Quartet
Composed of a vibraphone, guitar, tenor saxophone, upright bass and drums, the quartet will play songs that are both influenced by Rakipov’s home country Bulgaria and traditional American jazz.
August 9: South Florida Saxophonists
South Florida saxophonists Gary Keller, Gary Lindsay, Ed Calle, and Mike Brignola will perform as a quartet playing compositions from bandmates Lindsay and Keller.
Hot Nights Cool Jazz
7-9 PM Fridays July 12, July 26th and August 8th
Bass Museum of Art - 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
www.bassmuseum.org; (305) 673-7530
$10 for non-members; free for museum members
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena