Bass Museum Presents Summer Jazz Series
The Bass Museum showcases South Florida jazz musicians with the summer program Hot Nights Cool Jazz
Hot Nights Cool Jazz
7-9 PM Fridays July 12, July 26th and August 8th
Bass Museum of Art - 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
www.bassmuseum.org; (305) 673-7530
$10 for non-members; free for museum members
While Miami is filled with many music events, it’s more difficult for jazz aficionados to find concerts that suit their tastes. In an effort to showcase the artistic talents of local jazz musicians, the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach will be hosting a summer program called Hot Nights Cool Jazz. Curated by Fernando Ulibarri, the series will feature different jazz styles each night in performances by some of South Florida’s best jazz musicians. In addition, complimentary refreshments including Duvel beer, wine, Perrier sparkling water and coffee provided by Coffee-Mate will be available. You will also be able to visit the Bass Museum's current exhibitions including Eve Sussman | Rufus Corporation each evening of the concert. The event is free for museum members and $10 for non-members; the event takes place from 7 to 9 pm each night of the series.
July 12: The Chuck Bergeron Quartet
Master bass player Chuck Bergeron showcases his talents with a night filled with a lineup of all-original compositions that will highlight his exemplary playing that has earned him a long career performing with many great jazz players.
July 26: The Errol Rakipov Quartet
Composed of a vibraphone, guitar, tenor saxophone, upright bass and drums, the quartet will play songs that are both influenced by Rakipov’s home country Bulgaria and traditional American jazz.
August 9: South Florida Saxophonists
South Florida saxophonists Gary Keller, Gary Lindsay, Ed Calle, and Mike Brignola will perform as a quartet playing compositions from bandmates Lindsay and Keller.
Music in Miami
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- Willy Chirino and Carlos Oliva deliver the Miami Sound this Saturday at the Arsht Center
- David Crosby performs songs old and new in Miami
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party