Bass Museum Presents Summer Jazz Series
The Bass Museum showcases South Florida jazz musicians with the summer program Hot Nights Cool Jazz
Hot Nights Cool Jazz
7-9 PM Fridays July 12, July 26th and August 8th
Bass Museum of Art - 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
www.bassmuseum.org; (305) 673-7530
$10 for non-members; free for museum members
While Miami is filled with many music events, it’s more difficult for jazz aficionados to find concerts that suit their tastes. In an effort to showcase the artistic talents of local jazz musicians, the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach will be hosting a summer program called Hot Nights Cool Jazz. Curated by Fernando Ulibarri, the series will feature different jazz styles each night in performances by some of South Florida’s best jazz musicians. In addition, complimentary refreshments including Duvel beer, wine, Perrier sparkling water and coffee provided by Coffee-Mate will be available. You will also be able to visit the Bass Museum's current exhibitions including Eve Sussman | Rufus Corporation each evening of the concert. The event is free for museum members and $10 for non-members; the event takes place from 7 to 9 pm each night of the series.
July 12: The Chuck Bergeron Quartet
Master bass player Chuck Bergeron showcases his talents with a night filled with a lineup of all-original compositions that will highlight his exemplary playing that has earned him a long career performing with many great jazz players.
July 26: The Errol Rakipov Quartet
Composed of a vibraphone, guitar, tenor saxophone, upright bass and drums, the quartet will play songs that are both influenced by Rakipov’s home country Bulgaria and traditional American jazz.
August 9: South Florida Saxophonists
South Florida saxophonists Gary Keller, Gary Lindsay, Ed Calle, and Mike Brignola will perform as a quartet playing compositions from bandmates Lindsay and Keller.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach