Basel eats: Where to feast this fest
Basel is upon us – bring on the chaos, crowds, art & parties. You’ll need to fuel up throughout it all – check out these specials.
- 660 at the Angler’s is capping off Basel weekend with an a la carte jazz benefit brunch on Dec 4. The Douglas Hirsch Group will perform while diners feast on PB&J French toast, flat top burgers and griddled banana & Nutella pancakes. Invest $25 and enjoy bottomless Bloody Mary’s and a mimosa bar. Proceeds will go towards musician Charles Robinson’s cancer treatment. 660 at the Angler’s: 660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 786-594-5811.
- The Arsht Center is hosting a gourmet art-themed food-truck roundup from 11:30am-2:30pm Friday featuring the piano stylings of ELEW. NE 2 Ave between 12 & 13 Sts, Miami.
- Joey’s Italian Café is complementing visual art with live music on its terrace during Art Basel evenings. The restaurant’s signature eats bruschetta caprese and margherita pizza. Joey’s Italian Café: 2506 NW 2 Ave, Miami; 305-438-0488
- Meat Market is pouring specialty Art throughout the week. Highlights include the Basel Me (muddled yellow bell pepper, basil, Plymouth gin, green chartreuse and frag citrus), Agave P&B (pear, basil, Don Julio Blanco, fresh lemon and agave) and the Pepino (cucumber, egg white, vodka, lime and torn basil). Meat Market: 915 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-532-0088
- Philippe welcomes Basel-goers with the grand opening of its new stand-alone, South of Fifth location (pictured). Located at 36-40 Ocean Drive, the new 6,000-square-foot space features a retractable bar, an open kitchen, a private wine bar and indoor and outdoor seating. Menu classics include chicken satays, chicken lettuce wraps, Maine lobster with fresh ginger and nine season spicy prawns. Philippe is donating 10% of its evening sales Friday, Dec 2 to the Alonzo Mourning Overtown Youth Center & Honey Shine Mentoring Program. Philppe: 36-40 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach; 305-674-0250
- Shake Shack Miami Beach is exhibiting the work of Miami Beach High School Students throughout the month of December. 30 pieces inspired by Shake Shack are hanging in the Lincoln Rd space. Shake Shack Miami Beach: 1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach
- Symcha’s is offering a four-course, Art Basel dinner-for-two special Nov 28 -Dec. 4. Feast on two glasses of proseco, a fully loaded chopped salad for two, a 30oz ribeye steak and your choice of two sides for $80. Symcha's: 22 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-604-0000.
- Tudor House is celebrating Basel with the launch of its new a la carte rosé brunch. Offered Saturdays and Sundays, the brunch features a Bloody Mary cart, a curated rosé wine list and a menu featuring breakfast & lunch items including lemon & ricotta hot cakes, an egg sandwich, fried chicken, housemade spaghetti and meatballs and grilled branzino. Tudor House at the Dream South Beach: 1111 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-534-8455.
- Wynwood Kitchen & Bar is taking advantage of its prime satellite fair location to woo art lovers with express lunch specials and a Beers & Bites happy hour Monday through Friday. Pop in between 5:30 and 7:30 and enjoy $2 bar bites and 30% off beers, liquors and wines. Wynwood Kitchen & Bar: 2550 NW 2 Ave, Miami; 305-722-8959
- Celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli to run restaurant at new Nautilus South Beach hotel
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation