Bartender at Sra Martinez lands in national semifinals
Robert Montero mixes things up
And the winner of the Marie Brizard USA Cocktail Challenge Miami Semifinal is… Robert Montero of Sra Martinez, with his cocktail, “Sunny Crusta.” Robert's prize: a trip to the 10th Annual Tales of the Cocktail this July in New Orleans where he competes against top mixologists and bartenders who will all be preparing their original Marie Brizard cocktail.
They'll then have a chance to participate at the annual Marie Brizard International Bartender Seminar and Competition in Bordeaux, France. His drink was judged on technique, appearance, aroma and taste. It's a mashup of tequila, Marie Brizard Orange Curacao and Blackberry, grapefruit and lime juice and agave syrup. Shake with ice and strain into ice-filled rocks glass and garnish with fresh, large basil leaf. Or just go to Sra Martinez and have it yourself.
During the event at Blackbird Ordinary last week, Montero beat out such talents as Mary Connolly of Meat Market, Nicki Nistico of Soho Beach House and Paul Sauter of Mercadito.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too