Bartender at Sra Martinez lands in national semifinals
Robert Montero mixes things up
And the winner of the Marie Brizard USA Cocktail Challenge Miami Semifinal is… Robert Montero of Sra Martinez, with his cocktail, “Sunny Crusta.” Robert's prize: a trip to the 10th Annual Tales of the Cocktail this July in New Orleans where he competes against top mixologists and bartenders who will all be preparing their original Marie Brizard cocktail.
They'll then have a chance to participate at the annual Marie Brizard International Bartender Seminar and Competition in Bordeaux, France. His drink was judged on technique, appearance, aroma and taste. It's a mashup of tequila, Marie Brizard Orange Curacao and Blackberry, grapefruit and lime juice and agave syrup. Shake with ice and strain into ice-filled rocks glass and garnish with fresh, large basil leaf. Or just go to Sra Martinez and have it yourself.
During the event at Blackbird Ordinary last week, Montero beat out such talents as Mary Connolly of Meat Market, Nicki Nistico of Soho Beach House and Paul Sauter of Mercadito.
On Our Radar
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach