Bartender at Sra Martinez lands in national semifinals
Robert Montero mixes things up
And the winner of the Marie Brizard USA Cocktail Challenge Miami Semifinal is… Robert Montero of Sra Martinez, with his cocktail, “Sunny Crusta.” Robert's prize: a trip to the 10th Annual Tales of the Cocktail this July in New Orleans where he competes against top mixologists and bartenders who will all be preparing their original Marie Brizard cocktail.
They'll then have a chance to participate at the annual Marie Brizard International Bartender Seminar and Competition in Bordeaux, France. His drink was judged on technique, appearance, aroma and taste. It's a mashup of tequila, Marie Brizard Orange Curacao and Blackberry, grapefruit and lime juice and agave syrup. Shake with ice and strain into ice-filled rocks glass and garnish with fresh, large basil leaf. Or just go to Sra Martinez and have it yourself.
During the event at Blackbird Ordinary last week, Montero beat out such talents as Mary Connolly of Meat Market, Nicki Nistico of Soho Beach House and Paul Sauter of Mercadito.
On Our Radar
- Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting