Barley & Swine opening Saturday in Downtown Dadeland
Dadeland area gets some pig, craft food & drink
Not since The Muppet Show and maybe Babe has the pig been so de rigueur. Joining the porcine ranks of Miami's culinary coterie is Barley & Swine, whose tagline "Praise the Lard," had some of us, ahem, snorting with laughter. Opening Saturday, Barley & Swine, located at the Metropolis condo, pays homage to pork with a swine-centric menu including, among other things: Sriracha pig ear chicharon; crispy chimichuri pig tails; pork belly; and a Thursday suckling pig porchetta night ($18). But it's not entirely piggish. Other dishes include Southern fried oysters; fried bone marrow; beef cheek tacos; and assorted pastas, burgers and sliders. Some will recognize B&S's chef/owner Jorgie Ramos from his short lived Pinecrest gastropub, The Joint.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant