Barley & Swine opening Saturday in Downtown Dadeland
Dadeland area gets some pig, craft food & drink
Not since The Muppet Show and maybe Babe has the pig been so de rigueur. Joining the porcine ranks of Miami's culinary coterie is Barley & Swine, whose tagline "Praise the Lard," had some of us, ahem, snorting with laughter. Opening Saturday, Barley & Swine, located at the Metropolis condo, pays homage to pork with a swine-centric menu including, among other things: Sriracha pig ear chicharon; crispy chimichuri pig tails; pork belly; and a Thursday suckling pig porchetta night ($18). But it's not entirely piggish. Other dishes include Southern fried oysters; fried bone marrow; beef cheek tacos; and assorted pastas, burgers and sliders. Some will recognize B&S's chef/owner Jorgie Ramos from his short lived Pinecrest gastropub, The Joint.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto