Barley & Swine opening Saturday in Downtown Dadeland
Dadeland area gets some pig, craft food & drink
Not since The Muppet Show and maybe Babe has the pig been so de rigueur. Joining the porcine ranks of Miami's culinary coterie is Barley & Swine, whose tagline "Praise the Lard," had some of us, ahem, snorting with laughter. Opening Saturday, Barley & Swine, located at the Metropolis condo, pays homage to pork with a swine-centric menu including, among other things: Sriracha pig ear chicharon; crispy chimichuri pig tails; pork belly; and a Thursday suckling pig porchetta night ($18). But it's not entirely piggish. Other dishes include Southern fried oysters; fried bone marrow; beef cheek tacos; and assorted pastas, burgers and sliders. Some will recognize B&S's chef/owner Jorgie Ramos from his short lived Pinecrest gastropub, The Joint.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai