Barley & Swine opening Saturday in Downtown Dadeland
Dadeland area gets some pig, craft food & drink
Not since The Muppet Show and maybe Babe has the pig been so de rigueur. Joining the porcine ranks of Miami's culinary coterie is Barley & Swine, whose tagline "Praise the Lard," had some of us, ahem, snorting with laughter. Opening Saturday, Barley & Swine, located at the Metropolis condo, pays homage to pork with a swine-centric menu including, among other things: Sriracha pig ear chicharon; crispy chimichuri pig tails; pork belly; and a Thursday suckling pig porchetta night ($18). But it's not entirely piggish. Other dishes include Southern fried oysters; fried bone marrow; beef cheek tacos; and assorted pastas, burgers and sliders. Some will recognize B&S's chef/owner Jorgie Ramos from his short lived Pinecrest gastropub, The Joint.
9059 SW 73rd Court
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name