Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project cleans up Miami Beach
Help Barefoot Wine and Surfrider Foundation clean up Miami Beach. There's a glass or two of vino in it for you.
Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue
2-5 p.m. at 53rd Street & Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hurricane Grill & Wings, 3201 N. Miami Ave., Miami
What's worse than burning your feet on the hot sand at the beach? How about sinking your bare feet into hot sand and stepping on someone's tossed soda can.
The Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project, now in its sixth year, helps keep beaches, rivers and lakes across America "barefoot friendly."
This year Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation, along with community volunteers, are embarking on a tour of 25 cleanups and restorations nationwide. This Saturday, the tour stops in Miami Beach to give the stretch of sand at 53rd Street and Collins Avenue a little sprucing up.
Following the cleanup, volunteers 21+ are invited to attend a Surfrider-hosted celebration featuring Barefoot Wine and surf-inspired fare. After all that hard work in the sun, you deserve a little refreshment.
See and Do
- Haring Miami exhibit spotlights iconic artist this weekend
- Edible Garden Festival at Fairchild
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Skateboard Rodeo rolls into town
- Bark in the Park
- Miami Tours for locals and tourists
- Greenway Bike Festival is this weekend
- Discovery Miami Beach gives you an insider's tour of the town
- Holiday Ice Rink at InterContinental Miami
- Get Wet