Bander’s family recipe in Molly O’Neill cookbook
Jo Anne Bander’s tribute to her grandmother is part of One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking (Simon & Schuster, $50), a collection of 600 recipes and the stories behind them that Molly O’Neill culled from interviews with home cooks, pit masters, farmers, fisherman and chefs.
“She died with I was young,’’ says Bander, a Coral Gables resident and food activist. “But this recipe has been there my whole life.’’
And now it’s in O’Neill’s new book.
- Stop to smell this South Beach rose in the Stiles Hotel
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- Stephen Starr's The Continental opens in Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Crust brings pizza and late-night delivery to the Miami River
- The Bahamian Pot stirs island flavors in Liberty City
- Review: Four stars for exceptional Alter in Wynwood
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- 9Beach is a lounge/restaurant/bar hailing from the Holy Land
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach