Bander’s family recipe in Molly O’Neill cookbook
Jo Anne Bander’s tribute to her grandmother is part of One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking (Simon & Schuster, $50), a collection of 600 recipes and the stories behind them that Molly O’Neill culled from interviews with home cooks, pit masters, farmers, fisherman and chefs.
“She died with I was young,’’ says Bander, a Coral Gables resident and food activist. “But this recipe has been there my whole life.’’
And now it’s in O’Neill’s new book.
- Smooshies candy store opens in Key Biscayne
- Comfort-food goodness oozes from the Daily Melt in Miami
- Edible art is enticing at Perez Art Museum Miami's Verde
- Zak the Baker's new bakery rises in Wynwood
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Freddo scoops out Argentine treats
- A steakhouse with Pubbelly flare comes to downtown
- Little Bread serves Cuban sandwiches with a twist in Little Havana
- La Mancha's munchies are Portuguese and Brazilian in downtown Miami