Bander’s family recipe in Molly O’Neill cookbook
Jo Anne Bander’s tribute to her grandmother is part of One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking (Simon & Schuster, $50), a collection of 600 recipes and the stories behind them that Molly O’Neill culled from interviews with home cooks, pit masters, farmers, fisherman and chefs.
“She died with I was young,’’ says Bander, a Coral Gables resident and food activist. “But this recipe has been there my whole life.’’
And now it’s in O’Neill’s new book.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- Bagatelle brings its rowdy French party to South Beach
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Spanish team goes for high-end Mediterranean food at Klima in Miami Beach
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Cay Café’s changing menu presents a stylish lunch option at DCOTA
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- Visa-O1 tosses extraordinary pizzas in South Beach