Bander’s family recipe in Molly O’Neill cookbook
Jo Anne Bander’s tribute to her grandmother is part of One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking (Simon & Schuster, $50), a collection of 600 recipes and the stories behind them that Molly O’Neill culled from interviews with home cooks, pit masters, farmers, fisherman and chefs.
“She died with I was young,’’ says Bander, a Coral Gables resident and food activist. “But this recipe has been there my whole life.’’
And now it’s in O’Neill’s new book.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- Freshii: Fast food that's healthy and tastes good
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach