Ballet For Young People
Miami City Ballet puts on a show that the kids will love.
Inspire your little ones to be prima ballerinas at the Miami City Ballet's free Ballet for Young People show, where the company performs pieces from its impressive repertoire in a kid-friendly way. The audience will also get to enjoy a show by students from the Miami City Ballet.
The program will open with the school students performing Harlequin and Columbine, based on George Balanchine's Harlequinade followed by the company dancers in Balanchine's Scotch Symphony.
Harlequin and Columbine is a fun dance infused with the slapstick, mimicry and humor of the tradition of Italian commedia dell'arte. Balanchine's Scotch Symphony, with its lovely allusions to Romantic ballet, tells the story of James, a restless young man from the Scottish Highlands who is entranced on his wedding day by a Sylph - a magical creature visible only to him.
The kids will enjoy the colorful costumes created by famed designer Karinska as well as the beautiful music by Felix Mendelsson and Riccardo Drigo.
Ballet for Young People, February 12 at 2 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Ziff Ballet Opera House, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. All tickets are complimentary and available in person Monday-Friday (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) at Miami City Ballet Studios, 2200 Liberty Ave., Miami Beach. For information, visit www.miamicityballet.org.
Ballet for Young People
February 12 at 2 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Ziff Ballet Opera House, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami.
All tickets are complimentary and available in person Monday-Friday (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) at Miami City Ballet Studios, 2200 Liberty Ave., Miami Beach. For information, visit www.miamicityballet.org.
See and Do
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?
- 13 “Only in Miami” Men You Find on Tinder
- Sex appeal & humor soar in Faena's 'C'est Rouge!' Cabaret