Balans Cafe opens new restaurant in Dadeland Mall
The newest location is the fifth Balans in Miami-Dade.
The restaurant, which seats 150 people inside and 65 on an outdoor patio, is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chef David Welch leads the kitchen.
Balans has a menu especially for kids that includes spaghetti with turkey meatballs, as well as a full bar and draft beer — for adults.
Balans, a UK export from restaurateur Prady Balan, plans to add two more South Florida locations in the next two years.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park