Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops
- Could Miami become a buoyant city after all?
- Venezuelan pop artist Fer Sucre brings his colorful work to Wynwood
- Art Review: Vik Muniz's Poetics of Perception at the Lowe Art Museum
- Accessible Art: artist Joana Fischer explores overconsumption at the Bakehouse Art Complex and Deering Estate hosts Festival of the Arts
- Accessible Art: Jewish Museum of Florida celebrates 20 years with new exhibition and ArtServe presents 'Art = Antidote to Hate' in Fort Lauderdale
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach