Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: Fashion Project focuses on next phase at Bal Harbour Shops and a Purvis Young show opens in Kendall
- Accessible Art: Hialeah unveils new arts district and New World School of the Arts spotlights graduating class
- How to enjoy Maison & Objet if you're not a design professional
- Accessible Art: Henrietta Harris exhibits at Robert Fontaine Gallery and ICA, Miami unveils Guccivuitton group show
- Accessible Art: Be a part of Broward's Inside Out Project and see Scandinavian design in South Miami
- Accessible Art: Prized Picasso pieces on display at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art announces temporary closure
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops