Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: Compelling new works at Emerson Dorsch Gallery and Broward Cultural Division’s major call to artists
- For art aficionados, a new Wynwood emerges to the north
- Accessible Art: Ruth and Marvin Sackner awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Jorge Blanco exhibits at O. Ascanio Gallery in Wynwood
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.
- Adrian Grenier and partner bring sustainable design to Miami