Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- 6 things you can't miss at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival and Art Wynwood (plus a bonus event!)
- 5 best art events this week
- Accessible Art: Spinello Projects unveils Farley Aguilar show and 'Zionismus' opens with the Consul General of Germany at MDC
- Accessible Art: Sacred mandalas at Coral Springs Museum of Art and The Art of Video Games at the Frost
- Accessible Art: Art and architecture in San Miguel de Allende and new paintings by Brandon "Wizz Dumb" Deener
- Accessible Art: Village of Biscayne Park launches sculpture competition and YogArt rocks the Miami Design District
- Accessible Art: Contemporary French artists at France Pavilion and the GMCVB presents Art of Black Miami
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits