Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: Miami graffiti artist Jona Cerwinske transforms lounge at Katsuya and 'Untitled' art fair announces partnership with Curiator
- Miami artist, architects win design competition for new park in Wynwood
- MOCA Reopens on Thursday
- Accessible Art: Artists wanted for Faena Prize for the Arts and FAU presents “Common Ground: Artists in the Everglades”
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Santiago Rubino's solo show at Spinello Projects and Support-A-Scholar Celebration at Wynwood Walls this Saturday
- DWNTWN Art Days promotes arts and culture in Miami this weekend
- Accessible Art: The Bakehouse Art Complex honors local cultural leaders and Product/81 Gallery presents a solo show by street artist Jaz
- Reflections on Hurricane Andrew at 'The Big One: Photographs by Barry Fellman'
- Muse of the Month: Artist Carlos Martiel
- Accessible Art: Autumn Casey's solo show opens at Primary Projects and Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation (CIFO) ushers in international artists