Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: The MDC Museum of Art + Design unveils Recent Acquisitions + Highlights and The Norton reflects on the Black Panthers
- Artists and writers collaborate to honor history of downtown Miami
- Accessible Art: Beck's Urban Canvas launches in Miami and ICA presents 'Who's Afraid of the Art Market?'
- Accessible Art: 'Recently Acquired' at the Bakehouse Art Complex and ArtCenter/South Florida accepts new residency applications
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Explores the Intersection of Art and Science with Curious Vault Collaborations 002 on July 14
- Accessible Art: Pembroke Pines presents 'Caribbean Life' and local artist Pepe Calderin at The Cornell Museum of Art and American Culture
- Accessible Art: The Cultivist launches a global arts club and Cara Despain exhibits at the Bakehouse Art Complex
- Accessible Art: River of Art in Opa-locka and NPR's Neda Ulaby speaks at ArtServe
- Purvis Young collection gifted to The Black Archives in Overtown
- Inside|Out placemaking program takes art to the streets in Miami