Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: Knight Arts Challenge hosts kickoff at Gramps and works by Red Wolf pop up at Kelley Roy Gallery
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- AIRIE in the Garden supports 'Wild Billboards'
- 3 Reasons to put Filmgate Interactive on your radar
- Accessible Art: Play on Simon Vega's sub-tropical social structures at Locust Projects and see stunning photography at the Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Artist Jason Aponte at Cafeina’s Wynwood Exhibition Center and the largest Jade Buddha sculpture comes to Miami
- Philadelphia's prestigious Barnes Foundation recruits Thom Collins of PAMM
- "Will Work for Food:" Miami muralists decorate downtown parking garage for new Whole Foods Market
- Accessible Art: Major exhibition at CIFO explores Abstraction and "Art Collectors Perspectives" series kicks off with Martin Z. Margulies at NSU Museum of Art
- Artists from Miami to Australia transform Wynwood's Jose de Diego Middle School into an outdoor museum