Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- How the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) helped bring worldwide attention to the Miami art scene
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Alexander Mijares collaborates with Capretto in South Miami and a call-to-action from the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science
- Iconic MiMo gem Vagabond on Biscayne Boulevard reopens after extensive makeover
- Accessible Art: Coral Gables Museum explores bizarre botany with local artists and PAMM unveils site-specific installation by Leonor Antunes
- Accessible Art: Educational seminars for artists, build your own digital art collection, and photography with Steven Brooke
- MOCA to close and move to new space as the 'Institute of Contemporary Art'
- Accessible Art: 'American Sabor' exhibit opens at HistoryMiami and Pérez Art Museum Miami presents Adler Guerrier
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose