Bakehouse Art Complex
A guide to the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood Arts District
Founded in 1985, this 1930s bakery-turned-art complex is home to 70 affordable studios where professional artists create and exhibit. The BAC has its own workrooms for sculpting, ceramics, jewelry making, printing and film development, plus two exhibition galleries and classrooms for workshops with visiting artists. Open 7 days a week in the heart of Wynwood, the Bakehouse offers patrons a rare glimpse into the artists' creative world and an opportunity to meet a culturally diverse and talented community of contemporary artists. With monthly rotating exhibitions and special events, the BAC attracts and involves new audiences into the enriching world visual arts, and continues to be a vital resource to the diverse and dynamic South Florida art scene.
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens