Backstage at Premios Billboard in Miami
Latin musicians take over BankUnited Center at the Wella backstage salon
The Premios Billboard awards mark one of the biggest nights for the Latin music community, with top stars performing and presenting. Over the past few days, acts like Paulina Rubio and Marc Anthony passed through the BankUnited Center to ensure that their performance on Thursday night would go without a hitch for millions of viewers. Carlos Vives hopped on stage Wednesday evening to rehearse his performance of Como Le Gusta A Tu Cuerpo, which had the private crowd of attendees dancing in their seats. Draco Rosa, who recently released his new album Vida after recovering from cancer, shared the stage with supergroup Mana to rehearse his song Penelope. Meanwhile, Telemundo talent Rashel Diaz and Christian Chavez prepared for their red carpet coverage as workers readied their sets.
At the Backstage Suites & Gifting Lounge Presented by Wella Professionals Color, daughters of the late singer Jenni Rivera, Chiquis and Jacqi, were filming their reality show I Love Jenni as their manager told them they could have only one glass of champagne each to assure they would be camera ready. Marysol Patton of The Real Housewives of Miami passed through the lounge to get her hair done for the red carpet by celebrity stylist Andy LeCompte at the Wella salon. Later in the evening, operatic pop group Il Volo passed through the VIP lounge and charmed fans backstage; the group broke out into song several times while they eagerly accepted swag. Tenor Ignazio Boschetto jokingly eyed a pair of fuchsia Carlos Pazolini pumps, and baritone Gianluca Ginoble was so eager to try on his new Dockers pants that he ran into a dressing room to change.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami