`Bachelor' gets blood pumping
Hearts were pumping a little faster Saturday as hundreds flocked to L.A. to meet Brad Womack of The Bachelor and donate blood -- with enough left flowing through their veins to produce blushes a...
Hearts were pumping a little faster Saturday as hundreds flocked to L.A. to meet Brad Womack of The Bachelor and donate blood -- with enough left flowing through their veins to produce blushes as they chatted with the reality TV star.
Typically, 52 percent of the facility's donors are male, but this time most of those in the cots were of the opposite sex. ``It's going to be a little skewed today, but we don't mind,'' Red Cross spokesman Nicholas Samaniego said.
MINER PARTIES AT GRACELAND
Hundreds of Elvis Presley fans, including Chilean miner Edison Pena, gathered Saturday at Graceland to sing Happy Birthday on the late rock-'n'-roll icon's 76th birthday.
Pena, the guest of honor at the party, cut into a four-foot-high cake as fans cheered both the singer and the miner outside Elvis' longtime Memphis home.
An avid Elvis fan, Pena has been on a whirlwind tour of Memphis, getting a private tour of Graceland, attending a Memphis Grizzlies NBA basketball game and leading the walking of the ducks at the Peabody Hotel.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud