Awaiting trial for attempted murder, Josh Woodward signs deal to open fancy Asian on Lincoln
Ex-8 Oz. owner charged with attempted murder signs deal to open new Sobe restaurant
What does one do while out on bail awaiting a trial on charges of attempted murder of a fetus in LA? Open a restaurant on South Beach, that's what! According to well placed sources, Josh Woodward, former owner of 8 Oz. Burger, has just signed a deal to open a swanky Asian joint in the space formerly known as Kim's Chinese Restaurant. Woodward has a long road ahead of him in more ways than one. Says one restaurant insider, "That place is disgusting. They will have to gut it in order to make it up to code." That's the least of Woodward's concerns. Stay tuned.
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19