Avicii takes over the Marlin Hotel during Miami Music Week
The Marlin Hotel becomes Avicii Hotel for the Miami Music Week madness with 16 Avicii-branded rooms available for rent.
Dance-music lovers across the globe have known for the past 15 years that Miami Music Week – or the Event Formerly Known as Winter Music Conference – is the craziest party week of the year, anywhere.
And this year promises to be even crazier, as the madness has been expanded to 10 days, from March 15-24, including the massive, all-encompassing Ultra Music Festival, which has doubled in size, from its traditional three days to six (now from March 15-17 and March 22-24).
If that weren’t enough, here’s another reason to go ballistic over this year’s musical mayhem: Swedish DJ/producer Avicii, one of the biggest dance-music names in the world, is taking over the Marlin Hotel on 12th Street and Collins Avenue in South Beach for the duration of the conference.
Yes, the man who lured Madonna up onto the stage at last year’s Ultra extravaganza to perform her song “Girl Gone Wild” will set up shop at the Marlin, renaming it “Avicii Hotel” to give its guests the “24/7 Avicii experience,” according to Billboard.com. Everything from the little free soaps to the bathrobes to even the art hanging in the rooms will be “Avicii-branded.”
If you’re now searching feverishly online to reserve a room, good luck: There are only 16 available, so to say this is an exclusive experience is an understatement, and rates have yet to be announced. But Avicii fans can still hang out at the hotel’s restaurant, which is sure to host many cool events throughout Miami Music Week.
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions