Video chat and shop? Yes, please. At Avant Gallery it's happening, folks.
The lowdown: Video chats take on a whole new meaning at Avant Gallery. The ahead-of-its-time showroom utilizes video platforms such as Apple Facetime, Google + Hangout, Skype and Facebook video chat as a means to peruse art in either of the gallery’s Miami Beach or Aventura Mall pop-up locations through its program coined “Arteleport.” In fact, you can even make an appointment with the gallery and video chat from the comfort of your living room. “
With Apple’s announcement of the iPhone 5’s Facetime capabilities of connecting people over cellular networks, plus Google’s announcement of its Glass video eyewear, Avant Gallery’s ability to connect with clients over mobile will grow exponentially in coming months. This really is a whole new way to shop,” Avant Gallery Owner Dmitry Prut says.
The ‘hood: Avant Gallery calls Miami Beach home on 23rd Street and Villa Azure as its neighbor. The Aventura Mall pop-up, on the other hand, will be open through the end of September.
Highlights: Each space is replete with original paintings, sculptures, figurines, furniture, lighting, carpets and accessories by artists such as Phillipe Starck, Marc Baptiste, Marcel Wanders and more.
The owner says: “As we prepare for Avant Gallery’s ambitious Art Basel Miami Beach exhibition in December, we’re already booking appointments for clients all over the world who will be able to virtually teleport to experience our new collection, even before the doors of the gallery officially open to the public,” Prut adds.
309 23rd Street, Miami Beach
Pop-Up location at Aventura Mall
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District