Video chat and shop? Yes, please. At Avant Gallery it's happening, folks.
309 23rd Street, Miami Beach
Pop-Up location at Aventura Mall
The lowdown: Video chats take on a whole new meaning at Avant Gallery. The ahead-of-its-time showroom utilizes video platforms such as Apple Facetime, Google + Hangout, Skype and Facebook video chat as a means to peruse art in either of the gallery’s Miami Beach or Aventura Mall pop-up locations through its program coined “Arteleport.” In fact, you can even make an appointment with the gallery and video chat from the comfort of your living room. “
With Apple’s announcement of the iPhone 5’s Facetime capabilities of connecting people over cellular networks, plus Google’s announcement of its Glass video eyewear, Avant Gallery’s ability to connect with clients over mobile will grow exponentially in coming months. This really is a whole new way to shop,” Avant Gallery Owner Dmitry Prut says.
The ‘hood: Avant Gallery calls Miami Beach home on 23rd Street and Villa Azure as its neighbor. The Aventura Mall pop-up, on the other hand, will be open through the end of September.
Highlights: Each space is replete with original paintings, sculptures, figurines, furniture, lighting, carpets and accessories by artists such as Phillipe Starck, Marc Baptiste, Marcel Wanders and more.
The owner says: “As we prepare for Avant Gallery’s ambitious Art Basel Miami Beach exhibition in December, we’re already booking appointments for clients all over the world who will be able to virtually teleport to experience our new collection, even before the doors of the gallery officially open to the public,” Prut adds.
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town