Autumn Casey - video artist
“I have a compulsive dance line disorder. I run around saying join the dance train.”
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Where do you draw inspiration from?
Hollywood movies and classic films. Universal ideas in commercial movies. I take those lofty romantic themes and work backwards to myself.
What influences your work?
People, comedians, music, Coca-Cola commercials, advertisements
What mediums do you work in?
Describe your style?
Improvisational and satirical
What is your take on Miami as a place to hone one’s craft?
The heat might have an affect on it, making it a little more lazy and crazy at the same time.
Do you have any famous relatives?
Andrew Jackson, Uncle Sam and Barnum & Bailey. This according to my nana, who was a June Taylor dancer on the Jackie Gleason Show.
Tell us something about yourself no one would expect?
I’m really good at starting dance lines, conga lines. I have a compulsive dance line disorder or something. I run around saying join the dance train.
What about the two all-girl bands you are a member of?
Snake Hole is punk music. I recently joined Luma Younger. It’s post- punk, trancey, got synthes, haunting. We’re doing Cinema Sounds at O Cinema. We’re creating a 15 minute composition to accompany the Japanese film, House, which is really fun.
What are your favorite Miami hang-outs?
Churchills. I work there, but its fun to hang out, too. Lemoni café is really good
If you were hosting a fantasy dinner party, who are the 4 must have guests?
Michael Jackson, Mitch Headberg, John Belushi, and Lou Reed.
What Song brings back your best Miami memory?
Panama by Van Halen
See and Do
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- A more modest ‘Anything Goes’ docks at the Broward Center
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Bayfront Park upgrades summer lineup in downtown Miami
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo