Austin Mahone to perform at Miami Dolphins home opener
n an effort to attract younger fans, the Miami Dolphins have booked teen sensation Austin Mahone to perform at halftime at the team’s regular season home opener at Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 22. As part of the team’s Kids Kickoff campaign, tickets will sell for $15 for all youths ages 15 and younger with the purchase of an adult ticket to the game against the Atlanta Falcons. There will be a special "Austin Mahone" section at the stadium and 20 winners will be selected to be in the "mosh pit" around the stage for Mahone’s halftime performance. Mahone, 17, fresh from winning “Artist to Watch” at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, has a new hit single out, “What About Love” which has received more than 19.5 million views on YouTube. Austin is currently touring with Taylor Swift. For additional information on the “Kids Kickoff” and the Austin Mahone event, visit Dolphins.com/finskids or call 888-Fins-Tix.
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest