Openings, new chefs and deals aplenty are ripe for indulging in this month.
South Miami’s RA Sushi celebrates a “Very, Merry Unbirthday” Thursday, Aug 20 7pm-close with a Mad Hatter’s Sake-Tea-Ni-Party. Enjoy cocktails, a live DJ and specialty rolls like the Wonderland Roll (crab mix, shrimp & a cucumber rolled & topped with colorful crunchy tempura bits, drizzled with sweet eel sauce) and the Chesire Roll (Crab mix, cucumber, shrimp tempura rolled & topped with seared tuna & avocado). $2 from purchase of each roll will be donated to the Wellness Community – Greater Miami.
RA Sushi: 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092.
Mr Chow opens its long-awaited doors at the W South Beach this week, bringing another temple of highbrow Chinese to SoBe. Elaborate décor (think Swarovski crystal-adorned gold chandelier) and gourmet bites (soup dumplings, crispy duck and homemade noodles) await.
Mr. Chow at W South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-695-1695.
Conrad Miami welcomes new executive chef UK-born Jonathan McCann. The British chef has a long history in hotel kitchens, including stints in London’s Clardige’s, Dorchester & Berkeley hotels. Come September, McCann is re-launching the hotel’s signature restaurant as Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room. The new menu will focus on locally-sourced sustainable produce & seafood.
Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room at Conrad Miami: 1395 Brickell Ave, Miami; 305-503-6529
25-year-old Danish-Continental restaurant Fleming has undergone a 21st century makeover. The new menu includes aquavit-cured gravlax, pan-seared mahi mahi and Cuban coffee-rubbed rib-eye steak.
Fleming: 8511 SW 136th St, Pinecrest; 305-232-6444.
Eos woos locals and tourists with a new brunch Sundays from 11am-2pm. Order any main dish (prices start at $12) and enjoy endless (endless!) Bloody Mary’s and mimosas, free access to the Sunday refresher pool party at Club 50 and complimentary valet. The menu skews traditional with the likes of continental breakfast, Mediterranean twist eggs benedict and a Southern Farm house breakfast.
Eos at the Viceroy Brickell: 485 Brickell Ave, Miami; 305-503-0373
Beginning this month, Lincoln Road’s Meat Market launches a Big 10 $10 appetizer menu daily from 5-8pm. Come for happy hour and enjoy slightly smaller portions of Meat Market favorites like chilled shrimp and jumbo shellfish for $10.
Meat Market: 915 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-532-0088
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Sapore di Mare serves a slice of Italy in Coconut Grove
- Miami restaurant review: La Moderna in Miami Beach has a winning recipe for Italian classics
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation