Openings, new chefs and deals aplenty are ripe for indulging in this month.
South Miami’s RA Sushi celebrates a “Very, Merry Unbirthday” Thursday, Aug 20 7pm-close with a Mad Hatter’s Sake-Tea-Ni-Party. Enjoy cocktails, a live DJ and specialty rolls like the Wonderland Roll (crab mix, shrimp & a cucumber rolled & topped with colorful crunchy tempura bits, drizzled with sweet eel sauce) and the Chesire Roll (Crab mix, cucumber, shrimp tempura rolled & topped with seared tuna & avocado). $2 from purchase of each roll will be donated to the Wellness Community – Greater Miami.
RA Sushi: 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092.
Mr Chow opens its long-awaited doors at the W South Beach this week, bringing another temple of highbrow Chinese to SoBe. Elaborate décor (think Swarovski crystal-adorned gold chandelier) and gourmet bites (soup dumplings, crispy duck and homemade noodles) await.
Mr. Chow at W South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-695-1695.
Conrad Miami welcomes new executive chef UK-born Jonathan McCann. The British chef has a long history in hotel kitchens, including stints in London’s Clardige’s, Dorchester & Berkeley hotels. Come September, McCann is re-launching the hotel’s signature restaurant as Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room. The new menu will focus on locally-sourced sustainable produce & seafood.
Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room at Conrad Miami: 1395 Brickell Ave, Miami; 305-503-6529
25-year-old Danish-Continental restaurant Fleming has undergone a 21st century makeover. The new menu includes aquavit-cured gravlax, pan-seared mahi mahi and Cuban coffee-rubbed rib-eye steak.
Fleming: 8511 SW 136th St, Pinecrest; 305-232-6444.
Eos woos locals and tourists with a new brunch Sundays from 11am-2pm. Order any main dish (prices start at $12) and enjoy endless (endless!) Bloody Mary’s and mimosas, free access to the Sunday refresher pool party at Club 50 and complimentary valet. The menu skews traditional with the likes of continental breakfast, Mediterranean twist eggs benedict and a Southern Farm house breakfast.
Eos at the Viceroy Brickell: 485 Brickell Ave, Miami; 305-503-0373
Beginning this month, Lincoln Road’s Meat Market launches a Big 10 $10 appetizer menu daily from 5-8pm. Come for happy hour and enjoy slightly smaller portions of Meat Market favorites like chilled shrimp and jumbo shellfish for $10.
Meat Market: 915 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-532-0088
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Zuma's sibling Coya swaggers into Brickell
- Quality Meats stays true to name in Miami Beach
- Bánh mì and bubble tea are on the menu at 545 Degree Café in Davie
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed