Arsht teams up for gospel singer contest
For new movie Sparkle
The Adrienne Arsht Center has joined with Sony Pictures and Whitney Houston’s final film role Sparkle to find Miami’s best gospel singer.
Auditions are at noon on July 14, for a chance to win $500 in cash, a trip to NY to appear on BET’s 106 & Park, a recording session with the Punch Monkeys producer and writing team, a MySpace homepage feature as well as a shot to perform at a free Gospel Sundays show at the Arsht. Registration starts at 11:15 a.m. so get a good night's sleep.
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore