Arsht teams up for gospel singer contest
For new movie Sparkle
The Adrienne Arsht Center has joined with Sony Pictures and Whitney Houston’s final film role Sparkle to find Miami’s best gospel singer.
Auditions are at noon on July 14, for a chance to win $500 in cash, a trip to NY to appear on BET’s 106 & Park, a recording session with the Punch Monkeys producer and writing team, a MySpace homepage feature as well as a shot to perform at a free Gospel Sundays show at the Arsht. Registration starts at 11:15 a.m. so get a good night's sleep.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails