Atlantico at St. Regis Bal Harbour is closed for "summer"; Spice Market rumors unconfirmed
Altantico is closed for the summer; will Spice Market take its place?
The well-received St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort restaurant Atlantico, boasting the talented executive chef Jordi Valles and pastry chef Antonio Bachour is now closed--but only for the summer, says Michelle Payer, the hotel's director of PR. Or is it? "Atlantico has closed for dinner for the summer season, but we haven’t determined anything beyond that right now," Payer spins. Both Valles and Bachour, whose titles extend to the entire hotel and not just the restaurant, aren't going anywhere, either, Payer says. "No one is leaving."
One rumor swirling is that that Jean-Georges Vongerichten, whose J&G Grill occupies the resort's other restaurant space, will open a branch of his swanky street-food inspired Spice Market in the Atlantico space. A rep for Vongerichten was surprised by that one, saying " I don’t have any information with regard to Spice Market, this is the first I’ve heard anything about that." Payer was also curious, asking "Where do these rumors start?" With some speck of truth, perhaps? Or not. We'll keep you posted.
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March