Atlantico at St. Regis Bal Harbour is closed for "summer"; Spice Market rumors unconfirmed
Altantico is closed for the summer; will Spice Market take its place?
The well-received St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort restaurant Atlantico, boasting the talented executive chef Jordi Valles and pastry chef Antonio Bachour is now closed--but only for the summer, says Michelle Payer, the hotel's director of PR. Or is it? "Atlantico has closed for dinner for the summer season, but we haven’t determined anything beyond that right now," Payer spins. Both Valles and Bachour, whose titles extend to the entire hotel and not just the restaurant, aren't going anywhere, either, Payer says. "No one is leaving."
One rumor swirling is that that Jean-Georges Vongerichten, whose J&G Grill occupies the resort's other restaurant space, will open a branch of his swanky street-food inspired Spice Market in the Atlantico space. A rep for Vongerichten was surprised by that one, saying " I don’t have any information with regard to Spice Market, this is the first I’ve heard anything about that." Payer was also curious, asking "Where do these rumors start?" With some speck of truth, perhaps? Or not. We'll keep you posted.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo