Atlantico at St. Regis Bal Harbour is closed for "summer"; Spice Market rumors unconfirmed
Altantico is closed for the summer; will Spice Market take its place?
The well-received St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort restaurant Atlantico, boasting the talented executive chef Jordi Valles and pastry chef Antonio Bachour is now closed--but only for the summer, says Michelle Payer, the hotel's director of PR. Or is it? "Atlantico has closed for dinner for the summer season, but we haven’t determined anything beyond that right now," Payer spins. Both Valles and Bachour, whose titles extend to the entire hotel and not just the restaurant, aren't going anywhere, either, Payer says. "No one is leaving."
One rumor swirling is that that Jean-Georges Vongerichten, whose J&G Grill occupies the resort's other restaurant space, will open a branch of his swanky street-food inspired Spice Market in the Atlantico space. A rep for Vongerichten was surprised by that one, saying " I don’t have any information with regard to Spice Market, this is the first I’ve heard anything about that." Payer was also curious, asking "Where do these rumors start?" With some speck of truth, perhaps? Or not. We'll keep you posted.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space