“Arts & Crafts” at Buck15
Buck15 hosts round two of its Arts & Crafts series. This month the artists will tackle sneakers.
“Arts & Crafts” Series at Buck15; through September
September Awards Party: Tuesday, September 28 at 11:30pm
Buck15, 707 Lincoln Lane, Miami Beach; www.buck15.net
Wake up your muse and participate in Buck15's annual "Arts & Crafts" series, where local artists submit their creations usings a specified item (sneakers, t-shirts, skateboards). Sneakers are next in line.
Locals who want to participate can pick up a white Puma sneaker beginning September 1st, the deadline for completed works is the 13th of September. The sneakers will be hung on the walls of Buck15 and patrons will have up until the 28th of September to vote for their favorite piece. The winners will be announced that Tuesday evening at 11:30 p.m. First place winner will be awarded a $75 gift certificate to La Epoca Department Store in downtown. Second place winner will receive a $75 bar comp at Buck15 to be used by October 28, 2010 and third place winner will receive a $25 Miss Yip gift certificate.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15