Artist unveils mural at pawn shop opening in Midtown Miami
Like shows like Antique Roadshow, Pawn Brokers and Hardcore Pawn? You may want get over to Midtown Miami next Saturday during Wynwood Art Walk.
The Midtown Pawn Boutique will have its grand opening from 6 to 9 p.m. with a few sets by DJ Maximus 3000. Bring an "asset" to the party to have it appraised; experts will be on site educating guests on "the story of their stuff."
In a release, the place is described as "like the Neiman Marcus of Pawn, the Mercedes-Benz of Pawn, the Tiffany’s of Pawn.
The store "is the complete opposite of the dark, cluttered, seedy places you may have seen on Law & Order or in the movies."
Local artist Diana Contreras will unveil a mural for the location.
Address: 261 NW 36th St.
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'