Artist unveils mural at pawn shop opening in Midtown Miami
Like shows like Antique Roadshow, Pawn Brokers and Hardcore Pawn? You may want get over to Midtown Miami next Saturday during Wynwood Art Walk.
The Midtown Pawn Boutique will have its grand opening from 6 to 9 p.m. with a few sets by DJ Maximus 3000. Bring an "asset" to the party to have it appraised; experts will be on site educating guests on "the story of their stuff."
In a release, the place is described as "like the Neiman Marcus of Pawn, the Mercedes-Benz of Pawn, the Tiffany’s of Pawn.
The store "is the complete opposite of the dark, cluttered, seedy places you may have seen on Law & Order or in the movies."
Local artist Diana Contreras will unveil a mural for the location.
Address: 261 NW 36th St.
On Our Radar
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick