Artist Miru Kim Living with Pigs at Primary Projects in Miami Design District
Will be in the makeshift pen for 104 consecutive hours
During Art Basel Miami Beach, Thursday nights belong to the Design District, and the best spectacle this year is the Misu Kim installation, The Pig That Therefore I Am, at 4141 NE 2nd Ave. For the piece, a continuation of her famed photo series, a nude Kim lolled around with two pigs for 104 hours in a straw-and-dirt covered room: onlookers tried to press against the glass wall, but Kim remained intent on having a good snuggle with the pigs. Said one bystander Thursday night, "It was disgusting.'' Opinions vary.
Just down the hall was the Here Lies Georges Wildenstein exhibition at Primary Projects, Maison Martin Margiela’s Love, etc., and Fratelli Lyon, where a table of diners was enjoying a tray of prosciutto, oblivious to art and pigs.
Across the street at the Moore Building, the allure of Ducati motorcycles was part of a dinner at Duncan Quinn, the fashionable men’s boutique where Saville Row meets Let’s-go-Mod rockers circa 1968. Diners slipped in through hidden doors to a bar with video projections of Michael Caine’s seminal 1971 Get Carter. Upstairs, the dining room, equipped with a long table and a handful of guests, including Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy, featured a sommelier, food by STK, and a beautiful Ducati
Streetfighter as a decorative accessory. Afterwards, guests listened to early Clash records and took in a Brian Ermanski exhibition, Miami Ice, the artist wearing a top hat and Duncan Quinn suit. Quinn, looking sharp in one of his own bespoke suits, was mightily pleased, “If I say so myself, we’re all in like Quinn tonight.”
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'