Artist Miru Kim Living with Pigs at Primary Projects in Miami Design District
Will be in the makeshift pen for 104 consecutive hours
During Art Basel Miami Beach, Thursday nights belong to the Design District, and the best spectacle this year is the Misu Kim installation, The Pig That Therefore I Am, at 4141 NE 2nd Ave. For the piece, a continuation of her famed photo series, a nude Kim lolled around with two pigs for 104 hours in a straw-and-dirt covered room: onlookers tried to press against the glass wall, but Kim remained intent on having a good snuggle with the pigs. Said one bystander Thursday night, "It was disgusting.'' Opinions vary.
Just down the hall was the Here Lies Georges Wildenstein exhibition at Primary Projects, Maison Martin Margiela’s Love, etc., and Fratelli Lyon, where a table of diners was enjoying a tray of prosciutto, oblivious to art and pigs.
Across the street at the Moore Building, the allure of Ducati motorcycles was part of a dinner at Duncan Quinn, the fashionable men’s boutique where Saville Row meets Let’s-go-Mod rockers circa 1968. Diners slipped in through hidden doors to a bar with video projections of Michael Caine’s seminal 1971 Get Carter. Upstairs, the dining room, equipped with a long table and a handful of guests, including Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy, featured a sommelier, food by STK, and a beautiful Ducati
Streetfighter as a decorative accessory. Afterwards, guests listened to early Clash records and took in a Brian Ermanski exhibition, Miami Ice, the artist wearing a top hat and Duncan Quinn suit. Quinn, looking sharp in one of his own bespoke suits, was mightily pleased, “If I say so myself, we’re all in like Quinn tonight.”
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening