Artist Miru Kim Living with Pigs at Primary Projects in Miami Design District
Will be in the makeshift pen for 104 consecutive hours
During Art Basel Miami Beach, Thursday nights belong to the Design District, and the best spectacle this year is the Misu Kim installation, The Pig That Therefore I Am, at 4141 NE 2nd Ave. For the piece, a continuation of her famed photo series, a nude Kim lolled around with two pigs for 104 hours in a straw-and-dirt covered room: onlookers tried to press against the glass wall, but Kim remained intent on having a good snuggle with the pigs. Said one bystander Thursday night, "It was disgusting.'' Opinions vary.
Just down the hall was the Here Lies Georges Wildenstein exhibition at Primary Projects, Maison Martin Margiela’s Love, etc., and Fratelli Lyon, where a table of diners was enjoying a tray of prosciutto, oblivious to art and pigs.
Across the street at the Moore Building, the allure of Ducati motorcycles was part of a dinner at Duncan Quinn, the fashionable men’s boutique where Saville Row meets Let’s-go-Mod rockers circa 1968. Diners slipped in through hidden doors to a bar with video projections of Michael Caine’s seminal 1971 Get Carter. Upstairs, the dining room, equipped with a long table and a handful of guests, including Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy, featured a sommelier, food by STK, and a beautiful Ducati
Streetfighter as a decorative accessory. Afterwards, guests listened to early Clash records and took in a Brian Ermanski exhibition, Miami Ice, the artist wearing a top hat and Duncan Quinn suit. Quinn, looking sharp in one of his own bespoke suits, was mightily pleased, “If I say so myself, we’re all in like Quinn tonight.”
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz