Artist feels like a princess
She created a wax sculpture of Prince William
Jennifer Rubell has tapped into her childhood-princess fantasies and made a wax look-alike of Prince Charming, um, William. “For Americans, they’re just the embodiment of a fairy tale,” Rubell said of Wills and fiancée Kate Middleton on Tuesday’s Today show. The Miami artist appeared to show off the six-foot-three hunk, which she titled Engagement. He wears a vintage suit and Diana’s famed sapphire ring on his sleeve so visitors to the London gallery where it’s showing can slip their fingers in. Want him for yourself? The statue is $125,000 (www.Stephen Friedman.com). Just keep him away from the stove.
On Our Radar
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday