Artist feels like a princess
She created a wax sculpture of Prince William
Jennifer Rubell has tapped into her childhood-princess fantasies and made a wax look-alike of Prince Charming, um, William. “For Americans, they’re just the embodiment of a fairy tale,” Rubell said of Wills and fiancée Kate Middleton on Tuesday’s Today show. The Miami artist appeared to show off the six-foot-three hunk, which she titled Engagement. He wears a vintage suit and Diana’s famed sapphire ring on his sleeve so visitors to the London gallery where it’s showing can slip their fingers in. Want him for yourself? The statue is $125,000 (www.Stephen Friedman.com). Just keep him away from the stove.
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity