Artist feels like a princess
She created a wax sculpture of Prince William
Jennifer Rubell has tapped into her childhood-princess fantasies and made a wax look-alike of Prince Charming, um, William. “For Americans, they’re just the embodiment of a fairy tale,” Rubell said of Wills and fiancée Kate Middleton on Tuesday’s Today show. The Miami artist appeared to show off the six-foot-three hunk, which she titled Engagement. He wears a vintage suit and Diana’s famed sapphire ring on his sleeve so visitors to the London gallery where it’s showing can slip their fingers in. Want him for yourself? The statue is $125,000 (www.Stephen Friedman.com). Just keep him away from the stove.
On Our Radar
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central