Artist feels like a princess
She created a wax sculpture of Prince William
Jennifer Rubell has tapped into her childhood-princess fantasies and made a wax look-alike of Prince Charming, um, William. “For Americans, they’re just the embodiment of a fairy tale,” Rubell said of Wills and fiancée Kate Middleton on Tuesday’s Today show. The Miami artist appeared to show off the six-foot-three hunk, which she titled Engagement. He wears a vintage suit and Diana’s famed sapphire ring on his sleeve so visitors to the London gallery where it’s showing can slip their fingers in. Want him for yourself? The statue is $125,000 (www.Stephen Friedman.com). Just keep him away from the stove.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV