ArtCenter/South Florida Studio Crawl
Wander the studios of local artists this Saturday as ArtCenter/South Florida opens its doors to the public.
Saturday, Feb. 2 from 7-10 p.m.
ArtCenter/South Florida, 800-810 & 924 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
The first Saturday of the month ArtCenter/South Florida hosts its Studio Crawl, a chance for visitors to wander the ArtCenter’s two buildings, meet the many artists in their studios and view the current exhibitions. The Greater Miami Youth Symphony will also lend their talent to the event, performing at 7 p.m. at the Richard Shack Gallery (800 Lincoln Rd.).
Visit the studios of the 40 resident artists including the newest addition, Karelle Levy (Studio 207), and see the current exhibits including the return of Artists Exhibiting Artists with three resident artists curating shows of three guest artists: Ruth Ellingson curated by Russell Sharon; Melissa Maxfield-Miranda curated by Susan Feliciano; and Ania Moussawel curated by Lissette Schaeffler.
Also on display is smoke signals: istwa, paisajes and allegories, a show curated by ArtCenter alum William Cordova featuring works by a dozen artists. Upstairs at the 924 Lincoln Road location is MINOTAUROCRACY by artist Wes Kline, a recreation of the unproduced film “Minotaur” by the mid-century avant garde filmmaker Hans Richter and downstairs is The Gift of the Present Moment.
The Studio Crawl is also a great chance to check out some of the works that will be up for grabs at ArtCenter's upcoming winningArt!, a raffle of artwork donated by resident artists that takes place Mar. 16.
See and Do
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year