ArtCenter/South Florida Studio Crawl
Wander the studios of local artists this Saturday as ArtCenter/South Florida opens its doors to the public.
The first Saturday of the month ArtCenter/South Florida hosts its Studio Crawl, a chance for visitors to wander the ArtCenter’s two buildings, meet the many artists in their studios and view the current exhibitions. The Greater Miami Youth Symphony will also lend their talent to the event, performing at 7 p.m. at the Richard Shack Gallery (800 Lincoln Rd.).
Visit the studios of the 40 resident artists including the newest addition, Karelle Levy (Studio 207), and see the current exhibits including the return of Artists Exhibiting Artists with three resident artists curating shows of three guest artists: Ruth Ellingson curated by Russell Sharon; Melissa Maxfield-Miranda curated by Susan Feliciano; and Ania Moussawel curated by Lissette Schaeffler.
Also on display is smoke signals: istwa, paisajes and allegories, a show curated by ArtCenter alum William Cordova featuring works by a dozen artists. Upstairs at the 924 Lincoln Road location is MINOTAUROCRACY by artist Wes Kline, a recreation of the unproduced film “Minotaur” by the mid-century avant garde filmmaker Hans Richter and downstairs is The Gift of the Present Moment.
The Studio Crawl is also a great chance to check out some of the works that will be up for grabs at ArtCenter's upcoming winningArt!, a raffle of artwork donated by resident artists that takes place Mar. 16.
Saturday, Feb. 2 from 7-10 p.m.
ArtCenter/South Florida, 800-810 & 924 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
See and Do
- The 5 biggest lies about Miami traffic
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Florida Supercon 2016
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4