Art of Sex
Tuesday night at Halo on Miami Beach patrons get to expose themselves in a photo booth (a.k.a. Sex Box) all in the name of art.
By Juan Lopez
Every Tuesday night Halo lounge transforms itself into Art of Life, an ever-changing cultural experience that showcases all types of art.
What can you expect? From artwork projected on walls to live painting combined with music and drinks. Produced by OAG productions.com over 2 years ago, Art of Life nights at Halo display the work of local artists. Each week there's a different theme.
Art of Life turns into "Art of Sex" with local artist/photographer Alexander Guerra of House of Plastique unveiling his "Sex Box" – a risky upgrade to the traditional photo booth.
"Sex Box is a social experiment. Its soul purpose is to drive individuals to drop their pants along with their inhibitions," said Guerra. "This is not your ordinary picture booth. In this booth each individual will get to choose from a variety of fetish inspired disguises to wear in 10 frames. Protected by the black walls surrounding the booth, each individual will get to "expose" themselves to ART as ART using SEX as the driving force."
Are you up for the 'expsoure'? Then be sure to check it out as the best pictures will be exhibited the following Tuesday at Art of Life's "Art of: Exhibition."
Halo, 1625 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach.
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District