Art of Sex
Tuesday night at Halo on Miami Beach patrons get to expose themselves in a photo booth (a.k.a. Sex Box) all in the name of art.
By Juan Lopez
Every Tuesday night Halo lounge transforms itself into Art of Life, an ever-changing cultural experience that showcases all types of art.
What can you expect? From artwork projected on walls to live painting combined with music and drinks. Produced by OAG productions.com over 2 years ago, Art of Life nights at Halo display the work of local artists. Each week there's a different theme.
Art of Life turns into "Art of Sex" with local artist/photographer Alexander Guerra of House of Plastique unveiling his "Sex Box" – a risky upgrade to the traditional photo booth.
"Sex Box is a social experiment. Its soul purpose is to drive individuals to drop their pants along with their inhibitions," said Guerra. "This is not your ordinary picture booth. In this booth each individual will get to choose from a variety of fetish inspired disguises to wear in 10 frames. Protected by the black walls surrounding the booth, each individual will get to "expose" themselves to ART as ART using SEX as the driving force."
Are you up for the 'expsoure'? Then be sure to check it out as the best pictures will be exhibited the following Tuesday at Art of Life's "Art of: Exhibition."
Halo, 1625 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach.
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Cinema, celluloid, flicks, a new babe in Brickell named Marion & Mexican Independence Day