Art of Sex
Tuesday night at Halo on Miami Beach patrons get to expose themselves in a photo booth (a.k.a. Sex Box) all in the name of art.
By Juan Lopez
Every Tuesday night Halo lounge transforms itself into Art of Life, an ever-changing cultural experience that showcases all types of art.
What can you expect? From artwork projected on walls to live painting combined with music and drinks. Produced by OAG productions.com over 2 years ago, Art of Life nights at Halo display the work of local artists. Each week there's a different theme.
Art of Life turns into "Art of Sex" with local artist/photographer Alexander Guerra of House of Plastique unveiling his "Sex Box" – a risky upgrade to the traditional photo booth.
"Sex Box is a social experiment. Its soul purpose is to drive individuals to drop their pants along with their inhibitions," said Guerra. "This is not your ordinary picture booth. In this booth each individual will get to choose from a variety of fetish inspired disguises to wear in 10 frames. Protected by the black walls surrounding the booth, each individual will get to "expose" themselves to ART as ART using SEX as the driving force."
Are you up for the 'expsoure'? Then be sure to check it out as the best pictures will be exhibited the following Tuesday at Art of Life's "Art of: Exhibition."
Halo, 1625 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach.
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond