Art Miami gets ready for 23rd edition in Wynwood area
Features more than 125 galleries over five days during Art Basel weekend
Art Miami, the city’s longest-running contemporary and modern art fair, will return for its 23rd edition Dec. 4 - Dec. 9, 2012.
World-famous for its stylish gallery-like décor and outstanding quality and variety, Art Miami returns with a compelling array of modern and contemporary artwork from more than 125 international galleries and prominent art institutions. Art Miami will be held in a state-of-the-art, 125,000-square-foot pavilion in Miami’s burgeoning Wynwood Arts District. Art Miami’s highly anticipated Opening Night VIP Preview on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, will benefit the Miami Art Museum.
The anchor fair to the City of Miami has expanded to include CONTEXT Art Miami, an international emerging and cutting-edge contemporary art fair that will be held in a 45,000 square foot pavilion adjacent to the Art Miami Pavilion.
The outdoor entertainment area connecting the two fairs will include a café and bar, performance stage and curated projects showcasing a renowned wall relief by acclaimed street artist, Banksy.
For more info, visit www.art-miami.com
Important Dates for Art Miami:
Opening Night / VIP Preview
For VIP Cardholders
Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012 - 5:30 to 10 p.m. benefiting MAM
Wed., Dec. 5, 2012 - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thurs., Dec. 6, 2012 - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 7, 2012 - 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 8, 2012 - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sun., Dec. 9, 2012 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A one-day fair pass costs $20, with a catalog is $50. A multi-day fair pass is $40, and with a catalog is $65. Students 12-18 years and Seniors are $10 and children under 12 years accompanied by adult free. Groups of 10 or more are $10 per person.
- Basel bites: Where to eat during Miami Art Week
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector