Art Miami ownership group purchases New York's Downtown Fair
The inaugural edition of the contemporary art fair will be the first New York City fair for Art Miami group
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week, according to ArtDaily.org. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world.
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave
- ArtCenter/South Florida announced plans to sell one of its Lincoln Road sites
- Muse of the Month: Artist Gustavo Oviedo
- Accessible Art: Provocative paintings by Hernan Bas at the de la Cruz Collection and "Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case" plays at O Cinema Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Jeffrey Noble unveils new paintings at Butter Gallery and the YoungArts Salon Series hosts Justin Peck and Sufjan Stevens