Art Miami ownership group purchases New York's Downtown Fair
The inaugural edition of the contemporary art fair will be the first New York City fair for Art Miami group
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week, according to ArtDaily.org. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world.
- Accessible Art: Author Beth Dunlop surveys 21st century Miami architecture, take a private tour of Tracey Emin's exhibit at MOCA followed by a street art expedition with Brandon Opalka, and famous graffiti artists show in Wynwood
- Muse of the month: Haitian-born, Miami-based artist Edouard Duval-Carrié
- R House is a restaurant — and an art gallery — in Wynwood
- At ArtCenter/South Florida show, eroticism and gender identity blur
- Accessible Art: Contemporary art gallery opens in Hallandale Beach, Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection is on display, and William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) kicks off new book club, DesignMiami/ announces new leadership, artists explore gender and power at the ArtCenter/South Florida, and RACE at the Museum of Science
- Local artist smashes $1 million Ai Weiwei vase on exhibit at Miami’s Pérez Art Museum
- Art Attack: Art festivals take over Miami this weekend
- Is the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) merging with the Bass Museum of Art?
- Accessible Art: Miami Art Museums Alliance hosts ARTtuesdays, learn about Caravaggio at Miami Biennale, see Carrie Sieh at the Bakehouse Art Complex, and bid on Banksy in Wynwood