Art Basel Kids Guide
Art Basel Kids Guide: MunchkinFun.com's top picks
Art Basel isn’t just for adults - check out these family-friendly events for Art Basel Miami Beach 2012...
- Get musical with your munchkins courtesy of Pop-Up Piano Miami. Tickle the ivories on eight “artiscally crafted” pianos placed throughout Wynwood, Midtown, Downtown and the Design District or pop by for a scheduled performance by local musicians. After Basel, the pianos will be donated to local charities.
- Get your funky side at Let Petit Papillion’s Street Funk Friday, Dec 7 from 6-8pm. Kids of all ages can explore break dancing, photography, poetry and a live art mural. Free & open to the public. Funky attire encouraged.
- Bring the munchkins to Collins Park to browse Art Public, a series of outdoor sculptures, interventions and performances presented by Art Basel and the Bass Museum. This year’s Art Public features works grounded in their connection to speech & language.
- Explore Art Basel while your munchkins get crafty with Miami Children’s Museum courtesy of ArtKids. Parents can enjoy the art while kids four and up participate on-site interactive arts programming for up to three hours.
- Explore satellite fairs and linger in Wynwood while munchkins three & up enjoy art & games at Play-In. Drop munchkins off for an hour, three or the day - $15 per hour.
- Actor Jeremy Piven backs out of InterContinental Miami Hotel digital unveiling, felt image of sultry dancing woman was too risque, bad for image
- No breakfast art by Jennifer Rubell this year during Art Basel Week
- Party Patrol: Art Basel Music Edition
- Basel Blog
- Invader premieres film Art4Space during Art Basel
- Heineken Mural Project brings beer, bikes and (of course) huge murals to Wynwood for Art Basel
- Celebrity Reflection debuts impressive art collection
- FashionArtWalls captures Wynwood’s splendor in time for Art Basel
- Tips to Navigate Art Basel Miami Beach like a veteran
- All of Miami is a canvas during Art Basel weekend