Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide
This Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide is for travelers who just need a place to shower and crash.
You just got your plane ticket, so you can rock out at Art Basel. But, you still don’t know where you’re staying, and you don’t have Sagamore-money. You just need a place to crash and shower. Don’t worry. This Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide has exactly what you need.
The Pros: These avant grit hotels (as I’ve dubbed them) sit on Miami’s Broadway—Biscayne Boulevard. And they’re near some damn good grub spots: Jimmy’s East Side Diner (gigantic omelets), dogma (great hot dogs), Kingdom (delicious hamburgers and bar wings), Michy’s (Michelle Bernstein’s joint where you get the best ceviche in town), and of course, Starbucks.
The Cons: These suites are typically used for one-night stands, so what does that tell you? So don’t expect concierge service. Also, you may see the occasional, kind, well-intended crack head. Public transportation sucks, but now you have money to rent a scooter or maybe, a car. Please call to make sure these hotels take credit card.
Tip: Definitely travel with your antibacterial wipes and gels.
Single rooms are $60, and double rooms (two beds) are between $65 to $75. Note: This hotel is located further north
on Biscayne Boulevard in a more posh community.
Hacienda Motel, 9101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami Shores, 305-754-9575.
Royal Motel/ Royal Budget Inn
Rooms are $65 a night, and you can’t stay longer than seven days.
Royal Motel/ Royal Budget Inn, 7411 Biscayne Blvd., 305-754-7901.
A single room is $60, and a double room is $75.
King Motel, 7150 Biscayne Blvd., 305-757-2674.
A single room with queen size bed is $55 ($60 for a king size bed).
Saturn Motel, 6995 Biscayne Blvd., 305-757-8891.
The Modern Room which includes a fridge is $55 per night, $65 for a double room. If you pay up front, you get 7 nights for the price of 6 nights.
Biscayne Inn, 6730 Biscayne, Blvd., 786-235-2300.
- For an adventurous & luxurious escape, head to the Caribbean island of Nevis
- 7 Best Miami Spice Menus for Vegetarian Diners
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Beach Right Now
- Ultimate Guide to Fitness & Wellness at Miami Hotels
- Elevate your game at the best Miami rooftop bars
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Miami Right Now
- Spend the night in one of Miami's poshest penthouses
- 7 Family Friendly Things to Do in Orlando That Are Not Disney
- 9 Best South Beach Budget Hotels
- How to unwind this summer on Florida's other coast, in Naples