Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide
This Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide is for travelers who just need a place to shower and crash.
You just got your plane ticket, so you can rock out at Art Basel. But, you still don’t know where you’re staying, and you don’t have Sagamore-money. You just need a place to crash and shower. Don’t worry. This Art Basel Hotel Squatters Guide has exactly what you need.
The Pros: These avant grit hotels (as I’ve dubbed them) sit on Miami’s Broadway—Biscayne Boulevard. And they’re near some damn good grub spots: Jimmy’s East Side Diner (gigantic omelets), dogma (great hot dogs), Kingdom (delicious hamburgers and bar wings), Michy’s (Michelle Bernstein’s joint where you get the best ceviche in town), and of course, Starbucks.
The Cons: These suites are typically used for one-night stands, so what does that tell you? So don’t expect concierge service. Also, you may see the occasional, kind, well-intended crack head. Public transportation sucks, but now you have money to rent a scooter or maybe, a car. Please call to make sure these hotels take credit card.
Tip: Definitely travel with your antibacterial wipes and gels.
Single rooms are $60, and double rooms (two beds) are between $65 to $75. Note: This hotel is located further north
on Biscayne Boulevard in a more posh community.
Hacienda Motel, 9101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami Shores, 305-754-9575.
Royal Motel/ Royal Budget Inn
Rooms are $65 a night, and you can’t stay longer than seven days.
Royal Motel/ Royal Budget Inn, 7411 Biscayne Blvd., 305-754-7901.
A single room is $60, and a double room is $75.
King Motel, 7150 Biscayne Blvd., 305-757-2674.
A single room with queen size bed is $55 ($60 for a king size bed).
Saturn Motel, 6995 Biscayne Blvd., 305-757-8891.
The Modern Room which includes a fridge is $55 per night, $65 for a double room. If you pay up front, you get 7 nights for the price of 6 nights.
Biscayne Inn, 6730 Biscayne, Blvd., 786-235-2300.
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Flash Sales
- The Raleigh Hotel Presents Jazz Dinner Series
- The James Royal Palm Launches VIP Insider Program
- Grand Banks Oyster Bar draws diners to the Hudson River
- Miami Hotels Celebrate National Yoga Month
- Mayfair Hotel & Spa offers Miami Vices package
- Oasis Collections Offers Alternative to a Hotel in Miami & Latin America
- Endless Summer Hotel Packages For Labor Day & Beyond
- First Look: Vintro Hotel & Kitchen, a boutique art hotel on Collins Park
- Kaskades Suites at Gale South Beach to open December 1