Art Basel Hotel Squatters: $300 FOR SEVEN NIGHTS
You love Miami's Art Basel, but you'd rather spend your money on an oil painting rather than your hotel suite. Here comes the Sun.
Now, I know you want to stay at The Delano. You would even settle for InterContinental Miami, but let’s face it, you’re broke. How much did you spend on that installation, airfare and those cute boots? Guess what? Biscayne Boulevard is an opus of seedy motels (I’ll list them later this week), but in the meantime, consider Miami Sun Hotel. It’s in the heart
of downtown Miami, and it’s pretty grimy, but right next door, you can get a rustic Miami eggs special for $3 which includes café con leche. It's $60 a night (this includes tax), and it's $300 for SEVEN NIGHTS, so you're paying for five nights and getting two for free (This rate includes tax, and you can bunk with your squatter-buddy with no charge). And if you’re traveling via scooter, you’re not far from Miami Beach.
Miami Sun Hotel, 226 N.E. 1st Ave., Downtown Miami, 305-375-0786.
You can find reservation info here: https://themiamisunhotel.com/RESERVATIONS.html
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- A No Nonsense Guide to Doing South Beach like a Local
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January
- Aloft Hotels: Dadeland in, South Beach out and more on the horizon
- 16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About the Delano on its 21st Birthday
- Take an exclusive tour through the design elements of the iconic Delano Hotel