Art Basel Hotel Squatters: $300 FOR SEVEN NIGHTS
You love Miami's Art Basel, but you'd rather spend your money on an oil painting rather than your hotel suite. Here comes the Sun.
Now, I know you want to stay at The Delano. You would even settle for InterContinental Miami, but let’s face it, you’re broke. How much did you spend on that installation, airfare and those cute boots? Guess what? Biscayne Boulevard is an opus of seedy motels (I’ll list them later this week), but in the meantime, consider Miami Sun Hotel. It’s in the heart
of downtown Miami, and it’s pretty grimy, but right next door, you can get a rustic Miami eggs special for $3 which includes café con leche. It's $60 a night (this includes tax), and it's $300 for SEVEN NIGHTS, so you're paying for five nights and getting two for free (This rate includes tax, and you can bunk with your squatter-buddy with no charge). And if you’re traveling via scooter, you’re not far from Miami Beach.
Miami Sun Hotel, 226 N.E. 1st Ave., Downtown Miami, 305-375-0786.
You can find reservation info here: https://themiamisunhotel.com/RESERVATIONS.html
- Get away to the Caribbean for less with fall hotel deals
- Top Miami & South Florida fall hotel deals
- Miami & South Florida's most luxurious fall hotel packages
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- 8 Best Miami Spice Hotel Restaurants
- 5 Spa Treatments to Book Before Miami Spa Month is Over
- 15 Last Minute Labor Day Weekend Getaways From Miami
- 8 Best South Beach Hotel Lobbies For Every Traveler
- A laid-back beach escape north to Jupiter
- 6 Best Miami Hotels for Fashionistas