Art Africa Miami Arts Fair 2012
Cultural ambassador Neil Hall brings art from Africa to South Florida
Art Africa Miami Arts Fair
919 NW 2nd Ave., Miami
Artists from the African Diaspora have made glorious contributions to global culture and the humanities for several generations. Neil Hall, producer and director of the Art Africa Miami Arts Fair, defies anyone to challenge that truth.
“We were born artists. We are a continent and a diaspora filled with artists,” Hall said. “Even our own people don’t always appreciate our contributions. We must change that that. ”
Hall, an art connoisseur, was not satisfied with the way other local art festivals omitted the diversity and beauty of contributions by artists from the diaspora. He contends those omitted pieces are “more than worthy.”
Not one to sit on his hands, Hall did something about it.
“Last year, we created our own gallery. The Art Africa Miami Arts Fair returns this year and we have an open call for entry around the world,” he said. The event is scheduled for Dec. 5-9 during Art Basel Miami Beach week.
Art Africa Miami Arts Fair is sponsored by the Urban Collective and the City of Miami Community Redevelopment Agency. It is a juried multidisciplinary exhibition of fine contemporary art from the global African Diaspora, situated in the epicenter of Miami’s African-American cultural hub, Historic Overtown. The central idea of Art Africa Miami is to present an array of visual works that pay homage to the centrality of Africa and its descendant diaspora’s artistic contribution to the modern world.
To find out more information visit www.ArtAfricaMiami.com
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more