Art Africa Miami Arts Fair 2012
Cultural ambassador Neil Hall brings art from Africa to South Florida
Art Africa Miami Arts Fair
919 NW 2nd Ave., Miami
Artists from the African Diaspora have made glorious contributions to global culture and the humanities for several generations. Neil Hall, producer and director of the Art Africa Miami Arts Fair, defies anyone to challenge that truth.
“We were born artists. We are a continent and a diaspora filled with artists,” Hall said. “Even our own people don’t always appreciate our contributions. We must change that that. ”
Hall, an art connoisseur, was not satisfied with the way other local art festivals omitted the diversity and beauty of contributions by artists from the diaspora. He contends those omitted pieces are “more than worthy.”
Not one to sit on his hands, Hall did something about it.
“Last year, we created our own gallery. The Art Africa Miami Arts Fair returns this year and we have an open call for entry around the world,” he said. The event is scheduled for Dec. 5-9 during Art Basel Miami Beach week.
Art Africa Miami Arts Fair is sponsored by the Urban Collective and the City of Miami Community Redevelopment Agency. It is a juried multidisciplinary exhibition of fine contemporary art from the global African Diaspora, situated in the epicenter of Miami’s African-American cultural hub, Historic Overtown. The central idea of Art Africa Miami is to present an array of visual works that pay homage to the centrality of Africa and its descendant diaspora’s artistic contribution to the modern world.
To find out more information visit www.ArtAfricaMiami.com
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more
- Natural History Museum of Jamaica & Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Host VIP Reception
- Miami Soul weekend guide: American Friends of Jamaica Charity Gala, Miami Under 40, Flow Fridays & more
- Miami Soul giveaway: 25 Pairs of Passes to Experience INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3
- Miami Soul weekend music guide: Erica Campbell, Shirley Murdock, Sunshine Anderson, African Disco, and more
- Miami Soul: Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Reception for the Fund for African-American Art
- The Mane Event: Indique Hair Miami Boutique Grand Opening
- Miami Soul Easter Weekend Guide
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide