Arsht teams up for gospel singer contest
For new movie Sparkle
The Adrienne Arsht Center has joined with Sony Pictures and Whitney Houston’s final film role Sparkle (costarring Jordin Sparks) to find Miami’s best gospel singer.
Auditions are at noon on July 14, for a chance to win $500 in cash, a trip to NY to appear on BET’s 106 & Park, a recording session with the Punch Monkeys producer and writing team, a MySpace homepage feature as well as a shot to perform at a free Gospel Sundays show at the Arsht. Registration starts at 11:15 a.m. so get a good night's sleep.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie