Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
See and Do
- 16 Culture Events in Miami to Keep You Socially Fit May 1 - 15
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- Country music and ocean conservation converge at Tortuga Music Festival