Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
See and Do
- 4 Not-So-Scary Halloween Events in Orlando
- These are the free and cheap events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 28-30
- A Runner’s Guide To Miami
- Halloween events for families, fitness freaks and just plain freaks
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful