Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Food to try at Miami Dolphins home games