Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie