Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
See and Do
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016