Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Cadillac Championship at Trump National Doral Resort brings golf and a lot more
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Miami Events - March 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16