Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month
- 16 things to do with kids May 6-12
- Free and cheap events in Miami - May 3-5