Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art