Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6
- Fireworks, festivals, parades & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week