Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami