Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15