Arsht Center's Family Fest returns with global rhythms
Enjoy music from around the world at the Arsht Center's free Family Fest.
Arsht Center's Family Fest
Saturday, Jan. 12; free activities starting at 11:30 a.m., performance at 1:30 p.m.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Bring the family to experience the "Rhythms of Africa" at the Adrienne Arsht Center's monthly Family Fest. Now in its fifth year, the popular family series returns this Saturday with a “Rhythms of Africa / Music Around The World” theme celebrating diversity, youth and the power of music to bring freedom, hope and harmony to the world.
Family Fest will feature a high-energy performance starring a percussion ensemble from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami led by Willie Stewart and joined by professional musicians. Outdoor activities and performances by local bands and dance troupes will take place at the Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza beginning at 11:30 a.m., followed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami’s 1:30 p.m. performance inside the John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 10-12
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 6-12