The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up
The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up.
City Theatre’s popular Summer Shorts Festival is in rehearsals for its June 1-17 run, and now we know the actors, directors and plays for this year’s Arsht Center-only fest. (The Broward Center gets its own production, Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, which runs June 21-24 starring Bryan Batt and Bruce Vilanch.)
The eight plays are Israel Horovitz’s The Audition Play, Adam Peltzman’s Bedfellows, Carey Crim’s Green Dot Day, Joyce Turiskylie’s I’ll Be There, Lojo Simon’s Moscow, Christopher Demos-Brown’s The Man from Mars, Gregory Bonsignore’s 3 and Mark Swaner’s Reality Show.
They will be staged by artistic director John Manzelli, Margaret Ledford and director-playwright Swaner. The acting company includes Stephen Trovillion, Irene Adjan, Elizabeth Dimon, Todd Allen Durkin and newcomer Katherine Wright.
Tickets are $35, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722, arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art