The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up
The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up.
City Theatre’s popular Summer Shorts Festival is in rehearsals for its June 1-17 run, and now we know the actors, directors and plays for this year’s Arsht Center-only fest. (The Broward Center gets its own production, Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, which runs June 21-24 starring Bryan Batt and Bruce Vilanch.)
The eight plays are Israel Horovitz’s The Audition Play, Adam Peltzman’s Bedfellows, Carey Crim’s Green Dot Day, Joyce Turiskylie’s I’ll Be There, Lojo Simon’s Moscow, Christopher Demos-Brown’s The Man from Mars, Gregory Bonsignore’s 3 and Mark Swaner’s Reality Show.
They will be staged by artistic director John Manzelli, Margaret Ledford and director-playwright Swaner. The acting company includes Stephen Trovillion, Irene Adjan, Elizabeth Dimon, Todd Allen Durkin and newcomer Katherine Wright.
Tickets are $35, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722, arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13