The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up
The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up.
City Theatre’s popular Summer Shorts Festival is in rehearsals for its June 1-17 run, and now we know the actors, directors and plays for this year’s Arsht Center-only fest. (The Broward Center gets its own production, Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, which runs June 21-24 starring Bryan Batt and Bruce Vilanch.)
The eight plays are Israel Horovitz’s The Audition Play, Adam Peltzman’s Bedfellows, Carey Crim’s Green Dot Day, Joyce Turiskylie’s I’ll Be There, Lojo Simon’s Moscow, Christopher Demos-Brown’s The Man from Mars, Gregory Bonsignore’s 3 and Mark Swaner’s Reality Show.
They will be staged by artistic director John Manzelli, Margaret Ledford and director-playwright Swaner. The acting company includes Stephen Trovillion, Irene Adjan, Elizabeth Dimon, Todd Allen Durkin and newcomer Katherine Wright.
Tickets are $35, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722, arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts, photo ops & Munchkin Fun's top picks for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus