The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up
The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up.
City Theatre’s popular Summer Shorts Festival is in rehearsals for its June 1-17 run, and now we know the actors, directors and plays for this year’s Arsht Center-only fest. (The Broward Center gets its own production, Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, which runs June 21-24 starring Bryan Batt and Bruce Vilanch.)
The eight plays are Israel Horovitz’s The Audition Play, Adam Peltzman’s Bedfellows, Carey Crim’s Green Dot Day, Joyce Turiskylie’s I’ll Be There, Lojo Simon’s Moscow, Christopher Demos-Brown’s The Man from Mars, Gregory Bonsignore’s 3 and Mark Swaner’s Reality Show.
They will be staged by artistic director John Manzelli, Margaret Ledford and director-playwright Swaner. The acting company includes Stephen Trovillion, Irene Adjan, Elizabeth Dimon, Todd Allen Durkin and newcomer Katherine Wright.
Tickets are $35, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722, arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center