The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up
The Arsht Center reveals 'Summer Shorts' line up.
City Theatre’s popular Summer Shorts Festival is in rehearsals for its June 1-17 run, and now we know the actors, directors and plays for this year’s Arsht Center-only fest. (The Broward Center gets its own production, Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, which runs June 21-24 starring Bryan Batt and Bruce Vilanch.)
The eight plays are Israel Horovitz’s The Audition Play, Adam Peltzman’s Bedfellows, Carey Crim’s Green Dot Day, Joyce Turiskylie’s I’ll Be There, Lojo Simon’s Moscow, Christopher Demos-Brown’s The Man from Mars, Gregory Bonsignore’s 3 and Mark Swaner’s Reality Show.
They will be staged by artistic director John Manzelli, Margaret Ledford and director-playwright Swaner. The acting company includes Stephen Trovillion, Irene Adjan, Elizabeth Dimon, Todd Allen Durkin and newcomer Katherine Wright.
Tickets are $35, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722, arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15